Appearing in "Mystery on the Moon!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
- Kree Sentry 9168 (First appearance)
- United States of America
- Pacific Island
- Luna (Moon)
- NASA Rocker
- Apollo Unit
Synopsis for "Mystery on the Moon!"Edit
It is July 1969, and the United States is about to send the first manned mission to the Moon. Kree Sentry #459 has deemed that the mission to the Moon must end in failure and so rockets itself across the ocean to an island made to resemble the moon's surface. Inside this island lays a device the Sentry intends to use to insure that the Apollo mission ends in failure.
Learning of this plot, Reed takes Ben and Johnny with him to the island to battle the Kree Sentry and destroy the device it intends to use to destroy the Apollo space shuttle. After a battle against time, they manage to defeat the Sentry, and Johnny is able to destroy the device that is to be used against Apollo. Ben then carried Reed and Johnny back to the their ship and blast off for home, just as the Apollo space craft lands and Neil Armstrong says his historic words "That's one small step for a man-- one giant leap for mankind!"
- Although the plot centers around July 1969 and the Apollo space mission to the moon, these events are only topical as per the time of the issues publication as per the rules of Earth-616's sliding time scale so its just one of many trips to the moon.
- This issue contains a letters page, Fantastic Four Fan Page. Letters are publsihed from Soloman Arrington, Glenn G. Hakanson and Dave Layton.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#123.
- This comic quotes the 616 version of Neil Armstrong as saying, "for a man", where as in our reality, he misspoke when it counted, and said "for man"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 98 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fantastic Four series
- Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 98
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|