- Stop sounding like a wife, Sue! I still make the decisions for this team!
Appearing in "Beware the Hidden Land!"Edit
- Aireo (First appearance) (not named)
- United States of America
- South America
- Atmo-Gun (First appearance)
- Private jet
Synopsis for "Beware the Hidden Land!"Edit
The Human Torch and the Thing fly off to confront the Dragon Man, leaving Reed and Sue in the Seeker's Fortress to look after Triton. Without water to revitalize him, Triton is quickly suffocating. Sue erects a force field around his body to keep him steady, while Reed pumps water from a fire hose into the bubble to replenish him.
Outside, the Thing and the Torch tangle with the Dragon Man. The Dragon Man slaps the Thing with his tail, sending him crashing through the window of Alicia Masters' studio apartment. Johnny continues the fight and changes his heat blasts to ultra violet radiation. Intensifying the heat, he weakens the Dragon Man and the creature eventually falls down unconscious.
Back at the Fortress, the Seeker arranges to collect Triton. Reed has succeeded in saving Triton's life, but he is reluctant to interfere with Inhuman law. Sue pressures him to do something, but Reed snaps at her. Before the Seeker takes Triton away, Reed secretly plants a homing device on the Inhuman.
Meanwhile, the Royal Family of the Inhumans returns to their home land, the Great Refuge. The reigning king, Maximus, learns of their arrival and unleashes the Alpha Primitives to combat them. Maximus is the brother of Black Bolt. Black Bolt flies directly into the Primitives sending them scattering. After a brief battle, Maximus enters the chamber and apologizes for the effrontery. He claims that the Alpha Primitives had escaped on their own. Realizing that he cannot hope to win out over Black Bolt's courageousness, Maximus hands the crown of leadership over to his brother.
The Fantastic Four take a private jet to the Andes Mountains and locate the Great Refuge. They set down and Reed and Sue bicker some more. Sue decides to change her hairstyle to get Reed to notice her more.
They eventually come upon the Royal Family. Crystal and Johnny are reunited, but Black Bolt stands ready for battle. Speaking for her liege, Medusa declares that non-Inhumans are not welcome in the Great Refuge. Reed says that the Inhumans should not have to live in seclusion, and should live alongside the rest of humanity.
Meanwhile, Maximus retires to his laboratory. He preps his Atmo-Gun and declares that he will use it to destroy all of humanity.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Masterworks #25, Essential Fantastic Four, Volume 3, and Marvel's Greatest Comics #34.
- First appearance of the Inhuman, Aireo.
- First appearance of the Alpha Primitives.
- First appearance of Maximus. Revealed as Black Bolt's brother in this issue.
- Dragon Man appears next in Avengers #41.
- Maximus appears next in Fantastic Four #52.
- Airo appears next in Incredible Hulk Special #1.
- The Invisible Girl changes her hairstyle in this issue. She will maintain this same hairstyle until John Byrne's second run on the Fantastic Four series beginning with Fantastic Four #238.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 47 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fantastic Four series
- Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 47
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|