- Look, big fella! You proved your point! We know you're not a 97-pound weakling! Now why don't you calm down and let's talk this over...??
- -- The Thing
Appearing in "The Avengers Take Over!"Edit
- United States Army
- New York policemen
Synopsis for "The Avengers Take Over!"Edit
As the Hulk's rampage takes him closer to Avengers Mansion, the Fantastic Four tries one more time to stop him but fail once more. As the Hulk confronts the Avengers at their headquarters, Reed Richards recovers in the hospital and leads the Fantastic Four in a charge to stop the Hulk.
Arriving as the Avengers' battle against the Hulk brings them out into the street the FF try to stop the Hulk as well but the two hero groups get in the way of one another and the Hulk manages to escape. Chasing him to a building under construction, the Avengers tackle their former ally alone. During the fight Rick manages to throw a Gamma-radiation treated pill in the Hulk's mouth, given to Rick by Banner years ago to use on Hulk to revert the transformation, causing him to flee by diving into New York Harbor. Although the Hulk dives in, it is the unconscious body of Bruce Banner that is swept away.
After the fight, the FF and the Avengers meet once more and part as friends, having learned from their experience together.
- This issue reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Superhero Battles.
Hulk would appear next in Avengers #5.
- This is the first time Ben mentions his Aunt Petunia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 26 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fantastic Four series
- Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 26
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|