In the 1940s, Mr. Sinister worked with the Nazis, from his lab in Germany. During this time, Mr. Sinister created Experiment N2, a clone of Namor the Sub-Mariner, which could forcibly suck the water out of Namor and use it to douse the android Human Torch's flames. To Mr. Sinister’s considerable surprise, though, Captain America was able to defeat N2.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Human/Atlantean Physiology: The N2 clone was an exact double of Namor with powers that come from his being a unique hybrid of Atlantean homo mermanus and mutant homo superior physiologies. Most superhuman powers come from the fact that he's a hybrid of Human and Atlantean DNA, his ability to fly can't be explained by either side. (Atlanteans are an off-shoot of "baseline" humanity.)
Amphibious Physiological Adaptation: The N2 clones body is specially developed for underwater conditions, granting him specialized blood circulation to withstand freezing temperatures and highly developed vision to see clearly even in murky ocean depths. This hybrid physiology means he can survive indefinitely underwater or on land, though he would still need occasional contact with water to survive.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Atlanteans, the N2 clones is superhumanly strong but his physical strength is greater than that of any member of his superhuman race. The exact level of his strength is dependent upon his physical contact with water and his strength diminishes slowly the longer he is out of contact with it.
- Superhuman Speed: The N2 clone can run and move at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. His speed is greatest, however, while swimming. Whereas most Atlanteans can swim at speeds greater than 60 miles per hour, and has shown he can reach a speed of over 75 knots.
- Superhuman Stamina: The N2 clone's advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of normal human beings, and most other Atlanteans for that matter. At his peak, the N2 clones can physically exert himself for at least more than 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. The N2 clone's stamina, much like his strength, steadily declines the longer he is out of contact with water and will diminish to the point where he only has slightly greater stamina than the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Agility: The N2 clone's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete. He can perform acrobatic feats in the air sufficient to enable him to easily evade/dodge most military aircraft.
- Superhuman Reflexes: The N2 clone's reflexes are similarly heightened and are superior to those of the finest human athlete since he can react at impressive levels of super speed-as demonstrated through his catching missiles and throwing them back at their point of origin.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of the N2 clones 's body are much harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of normal human beings and most other Atlanteans. Namor can withstand tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets, falls from orbital heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, blows from powerful superhumans and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
- Aquatic Healing: If he was somehow injured, the N2 clones body can heal damaged tissue faster and much more extensively than a human or most Atlanteans. The N2 clone's accelerated healing is at it's peak while he is immersed in water and does diminish the longer he is out of contact with water or if he is completely dry.
- Radiation Absorption: The N2 clone's can absorb certain levels of radiation. His potential is unknown.
- Extended Longevity: Atlanteans age much slower and live much longer than human beings with the average Atlantean lifespan being about 120 years.
- Amphibious Breathing: Like all Atlanteans, The N2 clone's can breathe indefinitely underwater due to having gills located behind his ears. Unlike most Atlanteans, however, the N2 Clone can also breathe on land indefinitely as well without the aid of breathing devices whereas most Atlanteans can only survive being out of the water for a matter of minutes.
Augmented Vision: The N2 clone's enhanced vision enables him to penetrate the ocean's depths and see through murky water.
Flight: The N2 clone's also possesses vestigial "wings" on both of his ankles, by which he seems to fly at the speed of escape velocity when exerting himself fully. His flight speed at "normal" levels is enough to enable the N2 clone to outspeed military aircraft. Since the "wings" by themselves could never carry the N2 clone , it has been speculated that he uses the wings for steering and flies in some other manner, perhaps by telekinesis. During the the times he's lost his ankle wings, he is unable to fly at all. The N2 clone 's ability to lift weights when flying is sufficient to enable him carry a fifty ton anchor with one hand without a discernible loss of speed/momentum.
Hydrokinesis/"Sprinkler System": The N2 clone displayed the ability to extinguish himself when set alight, water spraying from his skin in a manner explicitly likened to a sprinkler system he then covered the Human Torch dowsing his flame.
- Sonar: The N2 clone possesses a natural form of sonar.
- Lateral Lines: The N2 clone can detect subtle movement or vibrations around him, particularly underwater.
AbilitiesExpert Combatant: The N2 Clone was programmed with skills and abbilities by Namor, he was able to hold his own against the Human Torch and Namor
Strength levelClass 100, N2 Clone 's vast strength is is such that he can lift over 100 tons when in contact with water. Underwater, his strength is virtually unmatched.
Due to his dependence on water to maintain his health and vitality, N2 Clone possesses a variety of unique vulnerabilities.
Water Deficiency: When not exposed to water, many of N2 Clone’s physical attributes gradually decline and can reach a point where he possesses only a small fraction of his powers. N2 Clone's strength, stamina, and durability are affected most and, at their minimum known level, are much closer to the levels possessed by the vast majority of other Atlanteans. Renewed exposure to water will immediately restore his abilities.
Oxygen Imbalance: N2 Clone has demonstrated a vulnerability to oxygen imbalance when remaining too long in either water or air, resulting in manic-depressive mood swings. Namor is believed to be in the midst of an imbalance during the times in which he becomes angry very easily, which he is well known for, and is unable to think clearly and logically. He can prevent this imbalance, however, by dividing his time between the two atmospheres. He has occasionally used scientific or magical means to regulate his oxygen levels. With the imbalance properly controlled, Namor has shown himself to be a much more capable leader and generally much easier to be in contact with.
Dehydration: Very powerful heat-based attacks are somewhat of a concern, as they cause dehydration; causing his body to dry faster, and weaken at at a accelerated rate.
Pollution: If the N2 Clone is immersed in or exposed to polluted water, it can have a negative effect both on his physiology and the efficiency of his physical attributes.
- 1 Appearances of Namor McKenzie (N2) (Earth-616)
- 1 Images featuring Namor McKenzie (N2) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Namor McKenzie (N2) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Namor McKenzie (N2) (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Namor McKenzie (N2) (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Namor
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|