|Negasonic Teenage Warhead|
|Real Name||Ellie Phimister|
|Current Alias||Negasonic Teenage Warhead|
|Affiliation||High School in Genosha|
|Base Of Operations||Hammer Bay, Genosha|
|Education||Some high school|
|Place of Death||Hammer Bay, Genosha|
|Creators||Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely|
|First Appearance||Appearance of Death|
Ellie Phimister was a Genoshan teenager and a student of Emma Frost. Her mutant power gave her precognitive nightmares and premonitions. She chose the codename Negasonic Teenage Warhead for herself.
During a telepathy class with Emma Frost, Ellie revealed that the previous night she had the same nightmare fifty times wherein all people in Genosha were exterminated. She also pointed out that she experienced the same vision during the class. At that point, Cassandra Nova's gigantic Wild Sentinels appeared on Genosha and wiped out half the world's mutant population: 16 million people.
Ellie's corpse was carried by Emma Frost, who had survived the Genoshan genocide thanks to her secondary mutation, when she was found by Beast and Jean Grey. Emma proclaimed the teenager to be a credit to her family and the mutant race and suffered a mental breakdown when she found out Ellie was dead.
When Emma Frost's subconscious began attacking the X-Men due to a telepathic attack planted by Cassandra Nova, Negasonic Teenage Warhead appeared as a member of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club with the Black King and Perfection.
She faced off against Kitty Pryde and predicted she'd uncontrollably phase through the ground, which cause her to do so. The telepathic projection of Ellie was "murdered" by Cyclops when he short her with a handgun.
Ellie was one of the many thousands of deceased mutants resurrected by Selene with the help of Eli Bard's Techno-Organic Virus. After Destiny's escape, Ellie joined Thunderbird and Caliban as one of Selene's righthand slaves.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Ellie was a mutant with psychically based powers. The full extent of her abilities is unknown, but her powers include:
- Telepathy: Ellie was in Emma Frost's telepathy class suggesting she possess at least limited telepathy.
- Precognitive: Ellie experiences precognitive nightmares and premonitions. It would appear that her precognition may have been limited to only foreseeing disasters, which may help explain her depressed and angst-ridden personality. She foresaw Genosha being destroyed, Kitty Pryde losing control of her powers and uncontrollably phasing down, and the defeat of Selene's army.
- Ellie's real name and codename were revealed by Emma Frost in New X-Men #116.
- After hearing her codename (Negasonic Teenage Warhead), Kitty Pryde remarked, "Wow, we really have run out of names."
- Ellie's codename was so poorly received, that many fan sites put her name on the Worst Superhero Names category.
- Creator Grant Morrison admitted he took Ellie's codename from the Monster Magnet song "Negasonic Teenage Warhead", from their 1995 album Dopes to Infinity.
- 14 Appearances of Ellie Phimister (Earth-616)
- Media Ellie Phimister (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images featuring Ellie Phimister (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Ellie Phimister (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ellie Phimister (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Ellie Phimister (Earth-616)
- Ellie Phimister (Earth-616) at Wikipedia.org
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead's profile at The Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|