HistoryEditNed Leeds was a field reporter for the Daily Bugle, where he met Betty Brant. Ned comforted her after her brother Bennett had been killed by Blackie Gaxton.
Betty had previously had a relationship with Daily Bugle photographer Peter Parker but his inability to hold dates and the rough time that she was going through brought the relationship to an end. Betty then fell into the arms of Leeds. Even though he was away on an assignment in Europe for awhile (with Betty rekindling some of her emotions for Peter during this time), the two remained in contact and started dating again after his return. Eventually the two became engaged and during this time he was being promoted to City Editor of The Daily Bugle.
Soon afterwards Ned and Betty got married, however on their wedding day , the marriage ceremony was interrupted by the late criminal Mirage who was promptly defeated by Spider-Man. Their marriage had its good and bad moments and was a fairytale at first.
One night Ned followed Spider-Man and the villain Hobgoblin and was caught and brainwashed by the original Hobgoblin to do criminal acts. These acts made his homelife unstable and eventually led to his death by the hands of The Foreigner's men while on assignment in Germany. Despite having affair with Flash Thompson at the time, Betty was traumatized by his death. Her mental condition was damaged; a problem which she couldn't resolve without friends' help.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Ned was a veteran reporter
Gauntlet mounted electro-blaster, various explosive and gas grenades.
- Ned Leeds was never actually the original Hobgoblin. He was merely a pawn of the real Hobgoblin, Roderick Kingsley.
- In the movie Spider-man Joseph Robertson says that Eddie couldn't take clear pictures of Spider-man, this could be a reference either to Leeds or to Eddie Brock.
- 180 Appearances of Edward Leeds (Earth-616)
- 3 Images featuring Edward Leeds (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Edward Leeds (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Edward Leeds (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Edward Leeds (Earth-616)
- Amazing Spider-Man # 18 - First Appearance
- Amazing Spider-Man # 19 - Name revealed (Previously unidentified)
- Amazing Spider-Man # 20 - Leaves on an overseas assignment for the Daily Bugle.
- Amazing Spider-Man # 28
- Amazing Spider-Man # 156 - Marriage of Ned Leeds and Betty Brant
- Amazing Spider-Man # 289 - Final Appearance
- Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|