|Real Name||Dimitri Bukharin|
|Current Alias||Crimson Dynamo|
|Aliases||Crimson Dynamo, Airstrike|
|Affiliation||Winter Guard; formerly KGB, Soviet Super-Soldiers, Supreme Soviets, People's Protectorate, Legion Accursed|
|Base Of Operations||Russia|
|Occupation||Adventurer; former government agent|
|Hair||Bald (brown moustache)|
|Place of Birth||Kuibyshev, Russia|
|Creators||Bill Mantlo, Carmine Infantino|
|Iron Man #109|
Little is known regarding the past of Dimitri Bukharin (Russian: Дмитрий Бухарин), save that he was a KGB agent during the Soviet regime in what was USSR. Bukharin was the fifth man to don the Crimson Dynamo armor, directed to do so by his superiors in the Soviet military in order to join and spy upon the newly-formed team of superhuman champions,called the Soviet Super-Soldiers. As the Crimson Dynamo, he adventured alongside Vanguard, Darkstar, and Ursa Major, until the three realized he was a spy and expelled him from their group.
For a time, Bukharin wore the armor as a solo operative for the Soviet government, and received a revamped suit of armor. This led Bukharin to clash the with armored American hero, Iron Man, who was on a crusade to eradicate weapon systems with technology similar to Iron Man's own, technology which the new Dynamo armor was comprised of. Receiving a new set of armor, Bukharin was directed to serve on another government-sanctioned super human team, the People's Protectorate.
Soon, however, political strife in the Soviet Union made the government reclaim the Dynamo armor. In doing so, Bukharin was assigned a mission to revive the former Soviet agent, the Titanium Man, a mission that led to a destructive battle in America between the two. Framing the Crimson Dynamo as performing a rampage against America, the government relieved Bukharin of duty as the Dynamo.
The Soviet Union was no more, and the non-armored Bukharin was still a member of the People's Protectorate. His superiors in the Protectorate's management gave him a new armor and a code name: Airstrike.
Again as Crimson Dynamo, he and the Winter Guard tried to capture the Intelligencia, the group used the Zero Cannon on them, sending the team to space, but they still survived.
During the events following the Skrull Invasion, Colonel Bukharin aided Iron Man by loaning him his Crimson Dynamo armor so that he could reach a secret Stark International base in Kirensk and by refusing to allow Norman Osborn to enter Russian airspace.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
AbilitiesDimitri is a trained KGB agent, specializing in espionage.
60 tons (As Crimson Dynamo); Unknown (as Airstrike)
- Crimson Dynamo: The Crimson Dynamo armor granted Bukharin superhuman strength and protection from most forms of attack. Complete with a sensor array, radio transceiver and jammer equipment, rocket jets, and a one-hour air supply, the armor also possessed massive shoulder pads for ramming opponents and the ability to generate powerful destructive bolts of electricity.
- Airstrike: The Airstrike armor presumably offers similar strength, protection, and flight capabilities. Its offensive capabilities include conventional machine guns, missiles mounted on the back of the armor, and a powerful laser.
Same weapons from the Crimson Dynamo Mk III and Airstrike armors
- 54 Appearances of Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616)
- Media Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Dimitri Bukharin (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|