- Got to play it like a winner, even in defeat, eh DD? Coming on like the matinee idol -- who'll conquer all odds in next week's chapter, kiddies! Well, I've got my own movie going for me... and in my screenplay, it's I who am hero... while you, Murdock... are the villain! Think about it!
- -- Starr Saxon
Appearing in "Night of the Panther"Edit
- Daredevil's Billy Club (Appears on the cover only)
Synopsis for "Night of the Panther"Edit
While patrolling the city, Black Panther is stopped by the police and D.A. Foggy Nelson, who mistake his silhouette for that of Daredevil. They then ask the hero for his assistance in administering an antidote to Daredevil who is at the risk of death due to a medical treatment reacting badly with the radioactive particles in his blood.
Finding the hero, Black Panther manages to administer it, but also learns Daredevil's secret identity. The two then break into Starr Saxon's place to rescue Karen Page from him, and capture Starr in the process. However, while being administered first aid (during which Karen begins to suspect Matt Murdock is Daredevil), Saxon escapes and the two heroes pursue him. Daredevil wants to fight Saxon alone, and so Black Panther leaves with the knowledge that Daredevil will be an ally in the future and that he will keep the hero's identity safe. Facing Saxon alone, Daredevil defeats Saxon, however unable to kill him and wanting to keep his identity secret Daredevil is forced to let Saxon go free.
Daredevil's Billy Club is presumably just off camera in Saxon's appartment, as Karen had it when Saxon abducted her, and still has it 2 issues later.
The Cover shows DD using his Billy Club, but he did not have possesion of it at any time during this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 52 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Daredevil series
- Images from Daredevil Vol 1 52
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|