The Dísir were the Valkyries of Bor. Having rebelled against him as well as nature, they had begun "feeding" on gods, in fact having intercourse with Sigurd and his troop. Once discovered, they were cast out from all realms, existing in the spaces between realms in spirit-form alone. Due to the nature of their crime, Bor cursed them, only to consume the shades of gods exiled from their true homes, so they would be hungry forever.
Four Dísir were given to Loki to assist him against the Serpent: Brün, Mad Hlökk, Kára of the Twilight and Göndul the Fool.
Thanks to the manipulations of Kid Loki, the Disir were eventually freed from their curse by Bor returning to their old selves. They became the personal Valkyries of Hela and swore that upon his death they would take vengeance on Sigurd for his past crimes.
Powers and Abilities
As Valkyries, the Disir possess the conventional abilities of an Asgardian god including class 30 Superhuman Strength and enhanced durability. Several of them possesse additional powers such as skills in magic. All are trained in a variety of weapons and can use teamwork to defeat much stronger opponents.
In their cursed state, the Disir were immune to all damage except the "souls" of others. Most passed right through them and blows from Thor's hammer barely affected them. They could instantly be summoned by anyone who called their groups name regardless of barriers in place, slice their target to pieces, and depart without anyone noticing.
- The Dísir are cannibalistic in nature, and can only consume the spirit-forms of Asgardian gods.
- Their curse prevented them from entering either Valhalla or Hel.
- They have been shown to be destroyed by the sword Eir-Gram given to Valkyrie (Dani Moonstar) by Hela.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 4 Dísir (Earth-616) Members
- 22 Appearances of Dísir (Earth-616)
- 2 Media Dísir (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images that include Dísir (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Dísir (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Dísir (Earth-616)
Links and References