- Commodore sixty-four. Go. Get. Need. I have an idea.
- -- Criti Noll src
The original Criti Noll was a high ranking member of the Dard'van, a religious sect of the shape-shifting alien race known as the Skrulls. She was selected to replace Dr. Henry Pym as part of their Secret Invasion of the planet Earth.
Pym was first replaced after the mass breakout at the Raft. Around the same time, while living in England, Pym and his ex-wife Janet van Dyne were going through problems and had a rough separation. The same night, Pym sought solace in a young student, who turned out to be an undercover Skrull. Feigning adulation for his past work, the Skrull drew all the information Pym and the human race knew about the Skrulls, then using the powers of the Hulk, knocked him unconscious and delivered him to the Skrull Empire. She then subjected herself to the transformation process and replaced Pym.
Criti Noll started to warn the owner of a diner who once served her some good food of the coming Secret Invasion. The Skrull impersonating Dum Dum Dugan came and stopped him, and Criti Noll told him that the humans were not to be underestimated and that the best course of action would be for the Skrulls to leave. Dugan-Skrull called him a traitor, and prepared to battle him. Criti Noll ran into the the woods, but despite the use of all her abilities, Dugan-skrull and a group of Skrulls posing as SHIELD agents killed her. Queen Veranke decided to replace her with a clone.
The Criti Noll clone did he best to stir up as much discontent as possible between the Anti and Pro- Registration forces. He worked with Tony Stark Reed Richards and Baron von Blitzschlag to create a cyborg-clone of Thor, however he programmed to be a weapon of destruction. The clone was called Ragnarok blasted a hole through Bill Foster's chest. Reed Richards and Tony Stark were devastated, for they had believed the cyborg to be programmed not to kill. Noll seemed upset too, seemingly taking many anti-depressants, as Bill Foster was a close friend of Pym's but it is not clear if this was because his Pym personality or it was just another act.
"Henry Pym" is appointed the leader of the new 'Hero Boot Camp' called Camp Hammond in Stamford, Connecticut, the site of Nitro's explosion that launched the whole civil war. During a training exercise, one student called Trauma's powers accidentally cause Armory to lose of her Tactigon weapon , and MVP one of their greatest potentials is killed pushing Cloud 9 out of the way. In response, they confiscate Armory's weapon, and kick her out of the camp.
Pym and the Initiative created a miniature version of the inhibitor collar that prevents use of superpowers in certain individuals called Super-Power-Inhibiting Nanobots, S.P.I.N. for short. They have managed to use it against She-Hulk ad many other rogue superhumans.
Tony Stark brought "Hank Pym" and Reed Richards to his lab to dissect the corpse of Pagon, the Elektra impostor, and discovered how the Skrulls were able to avoid detection. He was called away to deal with a Skrull ship that had crash landed in the Savage land during which time Reed was able to discover how the Skrulls were able to avoid detection. Before he could disseminate the information to any other heroes Criti Noll shot Richards with a gun that left him unable to become solid.
Later, when hordes of "Super-Skrulls" appeared in New York, Criti Noll sent members of the Initiative to fight the invading forces.
However, when many heroes and villains united against the Skrull threat, a massive battle began in Central Park. Increasing his size, Noll attempted to kill Janet but was punched out silly by an even larger Stature. But when it was obvious that the Skrull would lose, Noll used a secret codeword to activate a chemical in Janet's growth formula, causing her to enlarge and emit purple energy: if the Skrulls cannot have the Earth, not one can. However, with great regrets, Thor turned the energy onto Janet herself, vowing to avenge her. The very angry humans then finished off the Skrulls, killing Veranke and detaining many Skrulls. However, Noll had escaped capture. But unlike many of the other Skrulls, who had decided to give up, Noll refused to give up and swore that the Empire would return one day. He activated Ragnorak to cause chaos at Camp Hammond.
After the battle between Earth's heroes and villains and the Skrulls, Criti Noll attempted to escape but was noticed by Crusader (Z'Reg). Crusader chased Criti Noll and defeated the impostor before he could open a portal to the Negative Zone to destroy Earth a second time.
While Criti Noll is dead her genetic legacy lives on as she conceived a child (while posing as Pym) with Greer Grant alias Tigra. Greer gave birth to a son, William. Due to the Infiltrator ritual none of his genetic material was passed on making the child the genetic offspring of Hank Pym.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Like other Skrulls, Criti Noll is a shape-shifter. They can mentally cause the unstable molecules that comprise his or her body to become pliant, enabling him or her to assume other forms through muscular expansion and contraction. Once a new shape has been assumed, it takes a conscious act of will to assume another form or revert to natural. Hence, Skrulls do not spontaneously lose their assumed form when asleep or unconscious. Skrulls in altered form will, however, revert to their original forms at the moment of death.
- Skrull infiltration Ritual: Criti Noll took part in a ritual a mixture of science and magic that imbued her with the powers and memories of the selected subject. This allows the subject to go undetected in human form by Iron Man's technological scans, Charles Xavier's mental scans, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense, Wolverine's animal senses, or any other conceivable forms of detection. So subtle and powerful is this form of concealment neither Doctor Strange can detect the Skrull with the Spell of Tartashi, nor could the Elder God-powered Scarlet Witch using Xavier's psychic powers delve past the memory blocks.
- Size Reduction: Using Henry Pym's DNA Criti Noll possessed the power to reduce himself to the size of an ant, approximately one-half inch in height, by means of the subatomic particles known as the Pym Particles. The nature, source, and mechanics of the Pym Particles remain unrevealed. Originally, when Pym inhaled a gas or drank a potion containing the Pym Particles, the Particles would interact with the electrical impulses of his brain, creating an organism-wide "reducing field." Thus activated, the field reduced his entire body at a uniform rate to the smaller size he desired. Although he usually chose to reduce himself to one half inch in height, he could reduce his size to any size between that and his normal size. Usually, Pym did not compress his mass into his smaller size. Instead his mass was somehow extended into an extra-physical dimension that is opened by the activating of the Pym Particles, from which the mass could later be reclaimed. Strangely, because Pym's mass was extended extra-dimensionally when he was at ant-size, he retained his full human-size strength at that size. To return to normal size, Pym inhaled another gas or drank another potion, either of which contained another type of Pym Particles. These particles interacted with his brain to create an organism-wide "enlarging field," which is energized by mental command. Thus Pym could grow back to his normal height and reclaim all of the mass that was extended extra-dimensionally.
- Size Addition: Using Henry Pym's DNA Criti Noll is able to grow to gigantic height as Giant-Man . The growth process required the rapid acquisition of bodily mass, presumably from an extradimensional source. This extradimensional mass fortified all of his cellular tissue, including his bones and muscles, enabling him to support his increased weight, and giving him superhuman strength. He is currently capable of growing hundreds of feet tall exceeding the heights of even the tallest buildings in New York. He can grow past the barriers of the "Macroverse" to enter Overspace, a point above and apart from all other realities where it is possible to confer with absract cosmic entities.
- Size Changing Too many size changing within a short time span can be fatiguing. Growing to gigantic sizes is more of a physical and mental strain and switching directly from giant siz to insect size or vice versa is particulary taxing.
Additional Super Skrull Engineering
- Quicksilver: Quicksilver's Superhuman Speed
- Black Panther: Black Panther's Enhanced Reflexes (Presumably some Superhuman Senses)
- Vision: Vision's Density Control
- Infiltration: Criti Noll was a trained Skrull infiltrator. She is capable of about everything the real Henry Pym was excelling in at the time of Duplication.
- Intellect: Criti Noll was intellectually gifted, as he assisted in the creation of the Mjolnir Replica for Ragnarok, alongside Tony Stark and Reed Richards.
- Criti Noll has the normal Skrull strength of a woman of hier age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. But is identical to Hank Pyms after the ritual. Such as retaining this level of strength even at insect-size. At giant size, Pym's strength varies according to the height he achieves: at 10 feet tall, Pym can lift (press) 1000 pounds, at 25 feet tall he can lift (press) 10 tons. The higher Pym grows past 25 feet, the more of his strength he had to use simply to support his own enormous mass. At 100 feet tall, Pym can lift (press) 50 tons. He is capable of Class 100 strength at heights beyond 100 feet tall, though he usually cannot maintain those gigantic sizes for long.
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Skrulls only take on the appearance of an object or person and none of that object or person’s characteristics. There is a limit to the size of the object or person a Skrull can imitate. The average Skrull cannot distend his or her mass any more than 1.5 times as large a volume as his or her original volume, nor can he or she contract his or her mass any more than 0.75 a volume as his or her original.
- Yellowjacket Costume: Criti Noll had access to Yellowjacket's costume, which gave him the ability to control insects.
- Skrull-Military Uniform: wears a Skrull-military uniform, which alters as he changes shape and size.
- Skrull-Military Transport: will frequently use the advanced warp-drive starships of the Skrull-military.
- Skrull-Military Weaponry: will frequently use the ranged energy-weaponry of the Skrull-military.
- Criti Noll was the second Skrull to assume Hank Pym's identity. This was revealed in Mighty Avengers #17. He was revealed to the reader to be a Skrull in Secret Invasion #1.
- Impersonating Hank Pym allowed the Skrulls' access to Ultron, which allowed them to find out that Tony Stark's Iron Man armor was now "organic" thanks to Extremis and they could use that to their advantage.
- 50 Appearances of Criti Noll (Clone) (Earth-616)
- 9 Images featuring Criti Noll (Clone) (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Criti Noll (Clone) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Criti Noll (Clone) (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Criti Noll (Clone) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: