- I now pronounce you husband and wife!!
Appearing in "The Wedding"Edit
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Mary Jane Watson-Parker
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Robbie Robertson
- Aunt May (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Flash Thompson
- Harry Osborn
- Betty Brant
- Electro (Maxwell Dillon)
- Arnold (Electro's Henchman) (Only Appearance)
- Eddie (Electro's Henchman) (Only Appearance)
- the burglar (Only in flashback)
- Green Goblin (Only in flashback)
- Hobgoblin (Dream)
- Kraven (Dream)
- Lizard (Dream)
- Kingpin (Dream)
- Doctor Octopus (Dream)
- Vulture (Dream)
- Mysterio (Dream)
- Rhino (Dream)
- Wendy Thorton
- Ben Urich
- Glory Grant
- Willi Smith
- Anna Watson
- Marla Jameson
- Uncle Ben (In a photograph only)
- Gwen Stacy (Only in flashback)
- Miss Hotchkiss (Only Appearance)
- Spencer Watson
- Bruce (Only Appearance)
- Hepburn (Police Officer) (Only Appearance)
- Thing (Dream)
- Human Torch (Dream)
- Thor (Dream)
- Daredevil (Dream)
- Captain America (Dream)
- Hawkeye (Dream)
- Wolverine (Appears on the cover only)
- New York City
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Belt Camera
- Captain America's Shield (Dream)
- Doctor Octopus' Tentacles (Dream)
- Pumpkin Bomb (Dream)
- Vulture's Wings (Dream)
- Goblin Glider (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Wedding"Edit
Spider-Man is web slinging through town and runs into Electro. He defeats him and then returns home, to find Mary Jane in the process of moving in. MJ leaves for a photo shoot, leaving Peter to ponder how on earth he'll be able to provide for him and MJ when they are married rather soon while still being Spider-Man.
Peter takes his photos of Spider-Man defeating Electro to the Daily Bugle and is surprised by the staff with a party in honor of his upcoming wedding to Mary Jane. J. Jonah Jameson arrives, clearly irritated, and starts to complain about why they are hosting a party when they're supposed to be working. As soon as Peter leaves, he states that he wants to cut the pay of everyone who didn't attend.
Peter is barely able to sleep that night, contemplating his impending wedding. The next day he meets Mary Jane. He leaps to the ceiling and goes down to one knee, asking her to marry him once again. "I hate cleaning footprints off the ceiling," she responds with a smile. They both eat, but can't help but shake their worries about the wedding. Mary Jane leaves for a meeting, where her old boyfriend presents her with two tickets to Paris, that she can only take if she skips the wedding. Peter goes to Aunt May's house, and goes through a scrap book, remembering his most prominent times with Mary Jane. MJ and her aunt arrive, and they announce the upcoming marriage to their family. She leaves in a Ferrari with her ex-boyfriend, and Peter takes the subway home. Both are starting to have second thoughts about their marriage. When they meet up again that night, Spidey takes MJ out web-slinging to clear their heads.
The next day, Peter's best man, Flash Thompson, and his best friend, Harry Osborn, take Peter out for a bachelor party, but he's beginning to show his true feelings about the wedding. They try to convince him that love conquers all. Meanwhile, Mary Jane is having a grand party across town. Peter finally decides to go home for the night, and has nightmares about all of his enemies trying to attack MJ, and being helpless to stop them. He wakes up in a sweat, wondering what he should do. Meanwhile, MJ is out with Liz Allan, wondering the same.
Later at City Hall, all of the guests are in attendance, but both Peter and Mary Jane are late, leaving everyone confused. At the last minute, they both appear and are married by Mary Jane's uncle, judge Spenser Watson (MJ's wedding dress was designed by real-life designer Willi Smith). MJ gives Peter the tickets to France with which her ex-boyfriend tried to tempt her, and they go off on their honeymoon to begin their new life together, as Mr. and Mrs. Parker.
- The cover art is homaged in:
- What If? #20 (December 1990)
- What If? #21 (January 1991)
- Marvel Zombies #5 (June 2006)
- Several Heroes, Villains and deceased characters appear in a dream Sequence.
- Events in this issue happened simultaneously with the wedding in Earth-77013.
- The events of the wedding were erased after the events of One More Day, where Peter and Mary Jane sacrificed their wedding to Mephisto to save Aunt May from dying.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man Annual series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 21
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|