- Chump called the tune. Now he pays the piper!
- -- Wolverine
Appearing in "Night of the Demon!"EditFeatured Characters:
- various Project Armageddon personnel
- several Demons
- Thunderbird (Only in flashback)
- N'Daré Munroe (Only in flashback)
- New York
- Cyclops' Visor, version 2
- N'Garai cairn
- Harrier jet
- VTOL aircraft - (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Night of the Demon!"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in X-Men #96.--
Appearing in "The Big Dare"Edit
- Susan and other Salem Center citizens
Synopsis for "The Big Dare"Edit
The scene starts off with Nightcrawler and Wolverine playing a form of tag, with Nightcrawler winning as he is using his teleportation powers to his advantage. He constantly taunts Logan using his teleportation powers. He does this until he appears behind Logan, who elbows him in the stomach and threatens to hurt him with his adamantium claws, but sheaths them at the last second and helps Nightcrawler up. Nightcrawler admits defeat and he and Wolverine decide to go buy drinks. Nightcrawler shows off his image inducer, a camouflage-like device designed by Tony Stark that changes one's physical appearance entirely. After choosing a disguise, the pair head down to Harry's Hideout a local tavern that has been around since the American Revolutionary War. Nightcrawler tells Logan about his life in Der Jahrmarkt, a (fictional) circus in Germany. He then explains that he quit the circus because the owner wanted Kurt on the sideshow as "one of the freaks". Logan points out that Kurt is ashamed of his appearance, which he denies. Logan then tells him to prove it by going around town without using the image inducer and dares him to go around without using the image inducer. Kurt turns off the device just as the tavern owner, Harry, offers them another round of drinks, which the two consume quickly. Nightcrawler notes that Harry did not even stare at him, despite his appearance. The two then thank Harry and leave the tavern. As they leave, a woman by the name of Susan takes notice of Nightcrawler's face and tail, which Harry remarks as "handsome". As the intoxicated Nightcrawler and Wolverine walk down the street, some people take note of his appearance and others ignore it. Kurt then notices a woman struggling with her shopping bags, so he goes over to her and offers to help. As he walks away, the woman remarks at his kindness. Nightcrawler then passes two boys who outside a movie theatre advertising "Star Wars", and they exclaim that they have seen a "real live alien". After that, he comes along two muscular men, who make offensive remarks such as, "Maybe he's Arnold Schwarzennager in disguise?", before one of the men attempts to pull a mask off of Nightcrawler's face, discovering that he is in fact, not in a costume, and proceeds to attempt to hit Kurt, which Wolverine stops. Logan then attempts to claw the man who tried to hit Kurt, but Kurt teleports himself and Wolverine up to a rooftop, much to the surprise of the surrounding crowd. The two then exchange ending conversation and shake hands.
- The first story, "Night of the Demon!," intermixes portions of X-Men #96 with some added material.
- Back cover pinup of X-Men, Wolverine and Nightcrawler, by John Bolton.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Included bonus frontispiece & "original cover" featuring:
•In one panel of "The Big Dare", a movie poster for "Star Wars" can be seen in the background.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Classic X-Men Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Classic X-Men series
- Images from Classic X-Men Vol 1 4
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 11/27/2010
-  plot summary at uncannyxmen.net
|Like this? Let us know!|