Appearing in "The Monster"Edit
- a tinker and his wife
- Marie, a mannequin
Synopsis for "The Monster"Edit
An ugly man who lives alone is regarded with suspicion by the villagers and after a visit into town to pick up a music box, a mob gathers and follows him back to his home. They see a beautiful girl sitting still through a window and figure the monster must have her under some sinister spell. They break in and gun him down, only then noticing the girl is merely a mannequin. The man was merely a tragic hermit who had created his own world while the villagers in truth were the monsters. (In Jack's original end of this story, the witches were revealed to be Stan and Jack.)
Appearing in "The Man Who Owned the World"Edit
- Tom Sutton (Host)
- Cynthia Irkadin
- Gregory Irkadin
- a scientist
Synopsis for "The Man Who Owned the World"Edit
The world's richest man buys a cryochamber which sends him into the future, but when he emerges, he finds pollution has destroyed Earth's biosphere and mankind has left to the stars.
Appearing in "The Sword and the Sorcerers"Edit
- Starr the Slayer (First appearance)
- Len Carson
- Whitney, his publisher
- Morro, Starr's minstrel
- O'Neal, a police officer
- Trull the Wizard (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Sword and the Sorcerers"Edit
A writer who is selling barbarian stories of Starr the Slayer that come to him in dreams plans to kill off Starr in the next story because the dreams are putting too much of a strain upon his health. On his way to the office, Starr assaults him out of an alley with accusations of assassin upon his lips. The writer is unbelieving, even to the point that Starr raises his sword and strikes him down. Starr wakes in his own world and relates a dream to his faithful minstrel wherein he struck down a grave threat to his life.
- "The Monster" is reprinted in Giant-Size Chillers #3.
- "The Man Who Owned the World" reprinted in Weird Wonder Tales #15
- "The Sword and the Sorcerers" reprinted in Conan the Barbarian #16, Conan Saga #6, and in black and white in Essential Conan the Barbarian, Volume 1.
- First appearance of Starr the Slayer.
- The tagline for this issue is, "And the Monster Man Came Walking -- Walking --".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Chamber of Darkness Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Images from Chamber of Darkness Vol 1 4
- Adventure into Fear #10-22
- Chamber of Darkness #1-8
- Creatures on the Loose #10-37
- Fear #1-9
- Monsters on the Prowl #9-30
- Tower of Shadows #1-9
- Where Monsters Dwell #1-38
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|