Quotes by Steven Rogers (Earth-616)
- Solo, Eh? I've heard of you... you're a self-proclaimed anti-terrorist whose origins are somewhat hazy... and whose methods are somewhat questionable!
- You did a grand thing, son.
- When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth, and tell the whole world "No, You Move."
- Call me, Steve.
- The rest of you Avengers... Assemble.
- I can personally assure you, that even as I speak... we have a thunder god attending to the flooding, making sure that no one is going to be harmed... while a man representing the cutting edge of American technology is repairing the damage to Hoover Dam. I swear to you, the Avengers have everything under control.
- I believe in the American dream. But THIS...this is some sort of NIGHTMARE!
- I think these were the original Avengers... as they would be if you or I never existed!
- What are we waiting for? Let's go get'em!
- He knows if he returns the Avengers will be waiting!
- New York City! Was always, it is an honor to call you our home. Let it be heard from the streets of this city, to the streets of our allies all over the world... We are a planet of the free, a people of freedom...! And if you choose to stand in the way of that freedom, you will hear these words: AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
- We played your deranged game -- but we played by OUR rules, not yours -- and the Avengers' rules have always been about saving lives -- whatever it takes.
- Mister "Friend", I don't know about your God, but a God of Love is Mine!
- You have your definition of a hero and I have mine --- and mine includes being alot more aware.
- You can rest easier now Bucky,--wherever you may be! Your death--has been --avenged!
- This whole team has been falling short of its rep, lately...
- Being an Avenger means more than signing autographs and taking bows! We never stop training... as you shall see!
- Get lost, Beast!
- All right then -- take off -- all of you! I never could stomach a bunch of quitters!
- I hope that will be enough, C.M., because if the Beyonder's power should become corrupted -- it could well mean the end of everything!
- All I did was help someone find his dream.
- It's time that Captain America died -- so that Steve Rogers can finally live again!
- With your permission, I've suggested he join the Avengers... as my replacement! He calls himself... the Panther!!
- Your loyalty and trust have been a great comfort for me! They've given me the will to go on! But something else has too! A hunger for revenge! On my oath as an Avenger, I shall devote my life, if need be, to finding the one who caused Bucky's death! Only then will I be able to find peace!
- We run around, calling ourselves Avengers... yet, when this man comes before us with something to avenge -- a wrong that shrieks to heaven for vengeance -- we turn a deaf ear -- because his cause isn't world-shattering enough for us! We forget that the world can end with a whimper -- as well as with a bang!
- I'm getting to you! I'm bothering you! And with what? Words? They're just words after all -- they can't hurt you -- not unless they're the truth -- !
- You'll never succeed, Nefaria! You'll never rule the world! There'll always be resistance -- ALWAYS! And it'll find a way -- a way to TAKE YOU DOWN!
- We have no choice. So we fight -- and we win. There are no other options.
- No. ... This didn't come from any terrorist. This came from us.
- All right, Avengers... You...you will be the face of a new era. And I will tell you why I picked you... For your nobility and strength. Your cunning and bravery. Power and responsibility. Ruthlessness and selflessness. Symbolism. Savvy. And a clear view of the future.
- We've been through a lot. We've lost some dear friends and we've gained some, too. And with that, historically, we know that this means it's time to do some real soul-searching. It's time to reexamine what the Avengers are and what we mean to each other and the world. So the real question is...who will stay and who will go? Who will be an Avenger?
- I won't lie to you... you're going head-to-head with an indestructible cosmic force. It is by definition a suicide mission. But if you don't try. If someone doesn't try... There will be no Earth to come home to.
- We do this, but after that, you're out. You're done. And if something happens here that you have to account for...you're going to. No more favors. No more special treatment. You pay for your sins, Tony.
- Get everyone together, Logan... Tell them... Tell them we're going to Mars. Tell them I need warriors and I need heroes. Tell them it is the end of the world, and what I need... Are Avengers.
- Would you look at that... You're the first human member of the Imperial Guard, Izzy.
- That page was drawn by a kid. A weak, sick kid who thought that was the only way he could help his country...make his mark. That was a future I was saved from. I don't draw adventures. I'm a soldier. I have them.
- ... Hitler and the Third Reich is the greatest of evils and it's time for all good men to come together and fight.
- You're either insane or you've crossed a line no one should cross...
- Honestly? I just want to sleep.
- The General took me through the history Tony Stark had glossed over. Watergate. The Pentagon Papers. The press was free to the point of irresponsibility, but the scandals it brought to light were far worse. Colonels had been caught funding rebel armies. A President had resigned to avoid criminal prosecution. We lost a war in Vietnam. How in God's name did we lose a war?
- My job is to make tomorrow's world better. Always has been. Once, long ago, I asked Bucky what purpose Captain America served outside of combat. It was a foolish question. There'll always be something to fight for. And I'll always be a soldier.
- This feels so strange...I keep expecting to slip away...or wake up and find this was all some dream. And...ever since the fight ended, I can't stop thinking about it...what I saw when they were pulling me back through time. It was like split seconds of...my future? Or was it my possible futures? More than one. I saw me and Sharon together, with children...a long life...happiness. But I saw something else, too. Something awful... ... Is it some kind of warning? And if it is, how do I fight the future?
- No one dies on my watch.
- No! None of this is real!
- Send some new linoleum?
- Surrender Yet?
- I thought I told you people ---- I'm Captain America.
- Iron Man, Snap out of it!
- I've seen a lot of boys go to war, and not all of them have returned. So many have left without a chance for me to say goodby that you'd think it would be impossible to keep track of. I've never forgotten the name of a single one of them. Because I can't. And I consider that a privilege.
- ...Of course, there were things I couldn't tell him...things I don't know how to say... Like that I didn't only relive my past...I also saw my future...and I think if Bucky doesn't keep wearing that uniform...if he doesn't keep being Captain America...I think he may die...and I couldn't live with that. Even if it means I have to sacrifice a future I want.
- I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream.
- Why do I feel like Kafka's hero in "The Castle"?
- Look, we have no reason to fight. We're on the same side.
- And what's my fellow man's responsibility in this equation...? To always be vigilant.
- We believe in life and the freedom to pursue it to the fullest.
- Not so fast you space-traveling ape .. I'm not an easy kill!
- Gotcha you murderous little mutant!
- You're not just arrogant, Constrictor ... you're stupid!
- You know this is the first time I've actually assisted in a childbirth!
- (To Wolverine) ... I guarantee the Avengers would never have you!
- We can't be sure the menace it posed is over, can we?
- From now on we must both share this secret together...That means you're my partner, Bucky!
- I have been to the end of the skies and back. I have been in the company of heroes. Of all those heroes, he was the bravest I have ever known.
- Bottle it, fraulein. I don't have all day. And incidentally... I'm no bear.
- As long as freedom may be threatened -- Captain America must follow his destiny -- wherever it may lead!
- It's a pleasure to finally call you by your real name, Sharon Carter, rather than Agent 13.
- No human replica can ever have...a fighting spirit!
- Everything has changed! The cities are more crowded – more tense – with people racing about in vehicles we never dreamed of in the forties! But is it really progress? We may one day be meeting strangers – on far distant stars-- but we still haven't learned to live with our neighbors – in peace and brotherhood!
- Find Sharon Carter? No power on earth will stop me!
- I remember how it all began!
- If you aim to fill Bucky's shoes, -- You'll do it my way!
- The battle is never ended, Rick. There will be others to take their place.
- I've taught you all I can friend!
- When am I going to find the soul of Steve Rogers?
- Power -- The evil men have done -- In its Name!
- I've been waiting for a cause I could sink my teeth into!
- ... There's no law that says a tired Super-Hero can't grab himself a vacation!
- I've still got a lot of country to see!
- There is nothing sacred about the status quo ... and there never will be!
- Captain America has finally found a partner!
- Nick, shake hands with the Falcon -- my new partner.
- Fight the Falcon, and you fight me too!
- I love you, Sharon! I won't let you die!
- You really are a poor man's version of me, aren't you?
- Forget what sets us apart, Falc, -- and remember what pulls us together!
- Bucky, You're dead! I know you're dead! I've accepted that! But what if I'm wrong? What if you survived -- and needed me? All those years, kid! All those years!
- I'll have to give them a symbol, just as I've always done! -- To show them evil can be confronted and beaten!
- The Nazis were children compared to the super-villains of today.
- I know things look bleak for me, but I must believe the due process of the law will eventually clear me!
- All right mutie -- get your filthy hands off that girl!
- Give up, Cyclops? I'll never do that!
- That is the last lie you are going to tell about me! THE LAST LIE!
- So, when people take a look at me -- which America am I supposed to be symbolize?
- Captain America doesn't exist anymore! He's a living legend of World War II -- no longer living!
- There has to be somebody who'll fight for the dream, against any foe ... Somebody who'll do the job I started -- Right! And God knows I can't let anyone else run the risks that job entails for me!
- Someone is going to a great deal of trouble to kill me -- Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint them.
- There has got to be someone who'll fight for the dream against any foe.
- It took 200 years, Falcon... But this country has grown up!
- You saved my life, Falcon! I should have known you'd show up when I needed you!
- I've seen my share of trouble, Miss. But I must go... It... it isn't proper...
- That's all it takes to lick any problem -- Confidence in yourself and others.
- There's no doubt, Falcon! "The Nation Stands!"
- This is not the Alamo and an army of those monsters can throw more fire than Santa Anna ever could!
- Is it wrong to stick to a principle? My dedication to what I do is as strong as my love for you!!
- You can only be Hector Santiago -- The one they call the Swine!
- Blow it out your mustache!
- Don't get excited girls! This is merely temporary... As soon as the scratches heal, I'll be sound as a dollar!
- In our line of work, losing one's life is always around the corner.
- Who is Steve Rogers?
- I think you've made a wise decision Falc! Good Luck!
- I struck the waters off Newfoundland and plummeted...
- Fury, Sorry to wake you, I need a favor.
- You're the reason I can never rest! You're the cause! You are why a man of peace must wage war!
- I've got to prove that Captain America is more than just a mask and a serum!
- This is my fight. Its been my fight since the time of Auchwitz and Treblinka!
- Is this the big Nazi Superman, then? Well, mister, I'll never rest until your kind are driven from the face of the Earth!
- ... For Captain America, Duty Comes First...
- A soldier, even a super-soldier, is only as strong as his ideals...his dreams.
- I've fought your kind before...Only back then they spoke German and wore brown shirts!
- All right, Punisher, how about drawing a bead on a target who can defend himself?
- You boys are getting old, that's all! World War II was a long time ago!
- The odds don't bother me as the number of innocent bystanders does!
- My duty to my country comes first. No matter what the cost!
- No, it will never be over. Not until we learn to temper justice... with mercy!
- We've got to keep fighting these fights until we win, Because if we lose them -- there's no hope for any of us.
- I have no idea how many false memories they plugged into me. I pray I never find out.
- I'll never stop believing that life is something most sacred, something to be sacrificed only for the greatest of causes...liberty!
- It's been a long time since I have been in England.
- It was at the end of World War II--over 30 years ago today that I-- that he...Bucky...
- This city's my home... and as long as there's breath in my body. Captain America is going to defend it.
- Before I became Captain America...I was a civilian and I suppose there's still a part of me that wants to enjoy the liberties I fight for in that same way...just like any other man.
- I don't like to see anyone ganged upon, Tony -- not even a foe.
- Tonight's the last time I ever put so much liquor into my system!
- Even the highest ideals--can't be forced upon people from without!
- You go! I'll shield you!
- Biotron constructs -- diving at me like a squad of Hitler's Messerschmidts!
- Reach out. Dare to dream the highest dreams and you will make a difference.
- I represent the American Dream! A dream that has precious little to do with borders, boundaries, and the kind of blind hatred your ilk espouses!
- ... Any man can stand up to any machine -- and conquer it!
- Whatever it is Arnie... You've got Captain America.
- My life has been dedicated to the triumph of good over evil!
- Can't you see that in stooping to your own enemy's level--you're being made over in his image--that you are becoming the very thing that you loathe?
- Didn't you hear me, idiot? Unless you want a massacre on your conscience -- Call them off!
- Get your hand away from her, Primus, before I rip it off! Now, Primus--- NOW!
- I will not see the memory of Bucky Barnes desecrated again!
- It takes more than a mob and some muscle to stop Captain America!
- I guess I do tend to patronize those in the crime-fighting business who are younger than I am! But then almost everyone in the business is younger than I am!
- I see now the only way I'm ever going to be free of you is to see you dead!
- It's one thing to steal... and quite another to steal from Captain America.
- I can feel it! I can feel it! This is Captain America's Shield!
- London certainly is a beautiful city.
- I never admit defeat!
- This is Captain America. Step forward with your hands in the air!
- This entire country of ours is my concern, Mr. Hutchinson.
- Step outside quietly...or there is going to be trouble!
- ...Bernie I can't shake this feeling that this is like...the end of an era.
- Good Lord, What have I done?
- I believe that guns are for killing, and killing is the ultimate violation of individual rights---the ultimate denial of freedom.
- It seems Americans are now afraid of me thanks to my new rep as a gunslinger...
- I'm sorry, but when I see a crime in progress--any kind of crime--I'm not going to idly sit by.
- This is wrong! Suicide is the coward's way out! My friends--my family would never coax me to be a coward!
- Last time we spoke I told you I would blow the whistle on your operation if I found you had stepped out of line again. You just did.
- I'm concerned there's a connection between the man I'm looking for and the Power Broker you've told me about.
- Be seated Malus. You and I are going to have a little talk.
- D-Man! Dennis! It's me, Cap! Don't you recognize me?
- To become what you want me to be, I would have to compromise the dream...abandon what I have come to stand for.
- I'm not Captain America anymore. Why am I chasing after this fella then?
- I'll get myself a new costume in order to preserve my anonymity and simply call myself Cap...
- O.K. Miss, Your madness stops here!
- Let's cut the chit-chat and get down to business...in private!
- Once Again I am forced to choose between saving lives and apprehending felons!
- Why does the Commission have it in for me so badly?
- Jarvis, prepare guest rooms for the Soviets.
- Still any time something good can be accomplished without and loss of life, I'll call that a victory.
- Diamondback, before I let you tag along, I want you to promise there won't be any funny business like the last time we worked together!
- I do appreciate what you've accomplished, Diamondback.
- Well, Controller. You'd better learn to control yourself.
- Unhand Him Magneto!
- Know something Diamond? We're going to have to stop meeting like this.
- I manage to schedule in some leisure time during the week - read, swim, work-out...
- Fabian, are you on something?
- I've never felt better in my life.
- Every time you buy drugs, you are financing murder...
- You're concern is touching, but I'm fine. In fact, I haven't felt this alive in years.
- I've got to find out if what really counts is the drug...or the man.
- Colonel Jameson, rev up the flagship. We're going for a jaunt to the Arctic.
- This is no way to treat a lady I know--but lady, you're no lady!
- Ok, Kree-tin -- Feel my shield.
- It's not a good idea for us to split up, Iron Man.
- I'm reluctant to involve any of my teammates unless absolutely necessary.
- Logan, you're under some sort of spell, fight it man -- FIGHT IT!
- So, what are you doing up here Fabian? You weren't planning to jump were you?
- Toughness means a strong mind in a strong body resisting weak thoughts and selfish acts!
- There's some guy going around imitating me, trying to smear my reputation.
- I need some help nabbing an enemy.
- I've been around a few years. Surely you must have heard of me.
- I'm not sure you've ever met anyone as relentless as Americop.
- When I see an injustice... I can't just stand idly by!
- You've pased the audition, Spirit.
- I can't surrender. I don't know how!
- I have reason to believe there is an assasin who is going to make an atttempt on some or all of us assembled here.
- Steady, Skull! As I said, like it or not--we're a team!
- You take care of those men. I'll take care of Manhattan.
- I'm an expatriate.
- Don't thank me, sir. It comes with the job...and I wouldn't want it any other way
- Yes...let's be sure that Baron Blood is still in his grave... And if he is...then let's go find out who the hell is turning our boys into vampires.
- So we keep an eye on him, Sharon. But I won't condemn a man for what might lie in his mind. I won't condemn a man for what he might do. Even Hitler.
- I've always believed that all you need is one man to make a difference. To stand up when others are told to sit down. To speak loudly for those who have no voice. And to fight the good fight.
- We're like cops, Bucky...we costumed few.
- May the Lord God keep you all safe this day...and God Bless America.
- I want answers, Mister. And I want them now.
- The color of a man's skin has never made one person better than another.
- I'm leaving the protection of SHIELD. There's a nation out there that I love and that I intend to re-discover.
- I set out to find the good in this country. What I found was evil. But, if I hunt this sore...rid America of it...perhaps I can find some good lurking somewhere underneath.
- How the rest of the world perceives America is a very important question for me...
- It's as if there is something...ugly inside of me fighting to get out.
- Dreams will always stir more souls than Nightmares.
- You haven't beaten me yet, Skull!
- Believe in the strength of unity. Believe in the prize.
- I can't kill you Sharon ... I love you.
- Don't knock the Shield.
- Now, What?
- All I can do, all a man can ever do is try.
- This nightmare you've been running stops here and now.
- Fifty-five years after the end of the war, and I'm still fighting guys with swastikas.
- It'd ruin my day if you surrendered peacefully.
- (On his Shield) I consider it a part of me, Thor. Much as you do your hammer, I'd wager.
- Any idea what these things are?
- I want it known that as of today...I am declaring war on HYDRA.
- Nothing we can't handle.
- You're about to be de-throned.
- That hurt. I like that. It frees me---from having to hold back.
- Warming a sideline bench is not my style.
- When I was a kid, women were never in charge.
- A trial is a search for truth.
- I'm the one person you can trust, Connie!
- Connie's gone. And she's never coming back.
- The Red Skull is at it again.
- Hate doesn't motivate me. My love for my country does...and you can never beat that.
- I'm accustomed to being a symbol... but not a symbol of worship.
- Next time you want to get back at a planet for crimes against Skrulldom...pick a world without me on it.
- Divide and conquer. The oldest military strategy in the world, and you fell for it.
- We're going to Lemuria.
- Ready to show them our world view?
- Fellow Americans! Be Ready! The Revolution starts soon!
- An entire town?
- Are you a strong swimmer, sir?
- An honest man can still be guilty of a mistake.
- The Senator's running for President, and he wants me on the ticket as Veep.
- ... my metabolism doesn't let me get drunk.
- Batroc, I'm in no mood for this.
- Let the pain go. Hold the dream.
- You just butchered two men who were under your command.
- Chose your ground, soldier, and make your stand.
- I am sick of people trashing this country.
- Remember! Remember who you really are!
- I care about one thing -- The Winter Soldier.
- We'll get him this time regardless of his political influence.
- I told you it'd get uglier before it gets better.
- I'm just tired -- alot on my mind.
- Something's messing with my mind. My memories.
- I just saw someone that I haven't seen since 1944.
- Listen to me -- We're okay, I'll find a way..
- It only takes one to rise for others to follow
- Move aside and look away.
- You come at me with that shiv, you're going to wish this was an alternate reality where the earth was ruled by proctologists.
- I've seen others suffering in hellholes not to different from this. I won't stand idly by and let it happen to anyone else.
- All right. We're in. But no one dies. If your team goes in... they go in like heroes.
- Leila and Sam go back a long way.
- Hello MODOK. Its been awhile.
- I honestly don't know what I'm going to do about Sam...
- In all my years of service, my biggest regret is all the people who see the symbol, but miss the point.
- We could be under attack. We have to be sure...
- Frankly, partner -- I don't know what to think.
- WE maintained the principles we swore to defend and protect. You SOLD your principles. You LOST this before it started.
- They're right. We're not fighting for the people anymore, Falcon... Look at us. We're just fighting.
- I'm loyal to nothing General -- except the dream.
- I am not afraid to die this day because what we do here is necessary.
- You wanna come work with me?
- Deadpool didn't read the brief. He had no idea who he was dealing with. Yet he was the first on his feet and he managed to subdue our entire team.
- We were lucky Reed, if the Skrulls had launched a full-scale assault ...
- Come on slow poke! He who takes long to put mask on is surpristed to find crook gone.
- Hiya, Betty! When Bucky and I look for toruble, we always follow you!
- I thought I could break the cycle and help this poor girl. That was my mistake. This is no 'poor girl.' She loves what she does. It wasn't just nurture -- or lack thereof. It was nature. It's in her blood. She lives on other people's pain and death. Including mine.
- We need heroes. As many as we can get to help keep the peace. But they have to be volunteers -- no forced conscription or registration this time. And I need someone to coordinate their efforts. In short, Prodigy -- I want you to lead a new initiative.
- We'll rebuild. Asgard...Manhattan... the world. We'll rebuild it all. Like the rest of the world, we'll dig deep and find the strength to get out of bed tomorrow morning and start all over again. The Avengers will bury our dead, mourn our losses... And then get back to work...
- The only thing you are going to be working on Jackson -- is next year's license plates!
- I can't believe I'm about to give this advice to a Hulk...but I'm guessing you're going to try to talk to the boy? That's...good, as his father, you might be able to end this peacefully...but you've got a whole planet to defend...and a whole new family. ...And meanwhile the only thing we know about this boy on K'ai is that, whatever he's been through...he may be trying to kill us all. So by all means, talk to him...but don't forget how to smash.
- It's all right, Tony. I'm content to give my life as an Invader. Because all of you have given it so much meaning...by letting me be an Avenger.
- Bucky! If you harm that boy, I'll...
- Stay back! I don't hit women!
- On to Berlin!
- Union Jack?!
- MAYDAY! Situation desperate here -- Where are you?
- Did you kids mean what you said a minute ago...You're staying here in the States for a while -- to act as a group?
- We're in this war, Namor, and we're going to win it -- but let's make sure we're still the 'Good Guys' when we do!
- Let's Move it, Invaders!
- It's funny isn't it Patriot -- You and I are similar in so many ways.
- Well, not exactly Torch, Bucky's matured some.
- Iron Man is in trouble. And we're all going to bring him back.
- So, I don't suppose what you're planning will do anything to compromise American foreign policy or security?
- ... I need a new shield, can you help?
- If it comes to that, I'll lay my life on the line for Iron Man.
- What are you doing here, boy?!
- London certainly is a beautiful city.
- I've got to go! But wherever you are -- I'll find you again!
- I appreciate the advice, sir -- but I've never turned my back on a fight
- Now just lie there and contemplate the folly of a misspent life while I call the police!
- If anyone can pull it off, it's the Yellow Claw! And if anyone can stop him it's me.
- It seems you boys aren't used to fighting someone who fights back!
- Keep in my mind, by the way, that if we do decide to confront Doom, it's possible that we might be annihilated on the spot by a bolt from the blue!
- Listen up! The situation has changed! I'll explain later! For now-- Let's go get those butchers!
- I'm a hero not a politician! I don't argue jurisdiction when lives are in danger!
- Lady, How did you ever become an Avenger?
- There is one weapon we're armed with he can never possess ... a thing called Justice!
- Sometimes the most obvious things are the easiest overlooked.
- We all have crosses to bear! I once stood helplessly by while a young partner -- my closest friend -- died!
- There's a lot going on out there right now, Spector. A lot more than you can see just coming off the sidelines like you are. A whole world in turmoil. A world that needs heroes like it never had before.
- I have been in the company of heroes. In the company of heroes I remain.
- You're right, Hawkeye, the world has gone to hell. But thank God the Avengers are here to do something about it. And we are. You ready?
- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
- I know you want answers soldier! But sometimes you have to act!
- You're a mad dog gone feral. But I don't have the luxury of losing you--so you're muzzled.
- I just have one question...what the hell happened, John? You used to be one of the good guys.
- This job I have now -- this job I fell into, really -- there's shades of gray to all of it. And what you said before might even be true -- in a different time, I might be the one fighting to end something like this. But if I ever start really questioning myself, and whether or not I'm fit to do this, I remember -- I, and the people I stand with, good and bad, faults and all -- no matter how right we believed we were... We'd never let people die just to prove our damn point. Now I don't know if that's enough for you, or for the rest of the world, but for the time being -- It'll have to do.
- Arnim Zola. Crazy man who broadcasts his mind into mechanical bodies. 4.2.3 is one of his personality updates that got locked in one android body. A broken copy stuck to the machinery. The Shadow Council are good at recruiting broken copies of things.
- Okay, then. I don't believe in torture. It's ugly, dishonorable and unreliable. So I'm going to let my colleagues do it.
- Listen to me, Archon... I don't know what power you have, but that man down there under the influence of that crown is my brother. He's a good man...and I won't have you killing him. Not if there's another way.
- Steele! If you hurt her, I swear I will kill you! I will find a way and I will kill you!
- I believe in an idea... An idea that a single individual who has a right heart and the right mind... That is consumed with a single purpose... That one man can win a war.
- ...The statue stays intact as long as I'm around. Forever... and always
- I never hear the shot...but by the time I hear the glass breaking...it's already too late. Another Professor Erskine is dying in my arms...and I have no idea what is going on.
- I don't hold back. There's no time. Machinesmith could be selling the formula right this second. But also...because I don't want to. These men are bullies. Brutes. Using the Super-Soldier Serum like steroids. And I won't deny how angry that makes me.
- ( To Doctor Doom) ... If I had a choice, I'd sooner team up with Satan!
- I'm flattered by all the attention, boys... but you're giving me an ear-ache!
- I've been given a second chance!... I must make sure -- that I'll prove worthy of it--!
- A weapon is only as potent as the man who uses it... and the creed he lives by! And in that respect, Mister, you're a real washout!
- ... I'd enter a thousand traps -- for the slimmest chance of finding Bucky again!
- They're underpaid – overworked – and unappreciated – no one calls them superheroes, or makes any fuss over them! And yet, it's men like that – the thousands of unsung cops on the beat – who keep our streets from turning into jungles – and who make our cities safe – even for the unthinking cop-haters themselves!
- You can't justify murder by masking it with a cause.
- What do you mean you're not a god?!!
- All my life, I fought to become a symbol. A symbol of all the things that were right about this country. All the things I loved. And now, they're trying to turn that symbol into whatever's most convenient, whatever will best serve the political agenda of one side or another. I can hear them talking nonstop...the media. The press -- They don't understand. It was never about politics. It was never about me. It was about the country. But they can't hear that truth above their own voices.
- Kevin may not be salvageable, but I'm willing to roll the dice. The world still needs heroes -- maybe Kevin can eventually be half as good as his father.
- Hello, Isaiah. I'm Steve Rogers. I'm really happy to meet you.
- Let me put this out there for you to chew on. Come into the light. ... I know you've lost good people. And I don't know entirely what your people had to deal with inside the energy dome that engulfed San Francisco -- but I know getting out of it meant you didn't just save yourselves, but you saved the rest of us, too. The whole world saw the X-Men save them. It's time to bring the X-Men front and center. Lead your people into the daylight. ... This is the time, Scott. The X-Men are heroes. Time to act like it.
- Hey. I Hear you might be looking for a mission, soldier... I've got just the thing.
- Heal this.
- We've been handling you with kid gloves up till now, Cyclops.
- There's nothing patriotic about corruption or cover-ups...or defending them. But exposing them, well, that takes a hero.
Conversations with Steven Rogers (Earth-616)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Tigra (trying to get through a shield made by the Molecule Man)
Commander Steve Rogers
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Iron Man (Tony Stark)