Quotes by James Howlett (Earth-616)
- Uh, bud. I'm not one of your commandos. You can't order me around.
- -koff- As Mark...Twain said...-koff- I forget what the hell Twain said, but I ain't dead.
- "We're going to teach Mystique somethin' she should'a learned in school. "Thou shall not steal."
- It was her. It was really her. Jeannie...
- There ain't no sense to it, babe. There's never any sense to dyin'. There's just death.
- I'm the best at what I do. And what I do...is so terribly pretty!
- Emma? Think ya oughtta take a look through my eyes fer a bit. And no... I ain't started drinkin' yet
- We're not alone. We're together. Not just a team, but family.
- Once an X-Man, always an X-Man. You're not alone, kid.
- I really like beer.
- Sorry to spring this on ya...but Avengers Academy's about to get a hell of a lot more crowded.
- Were it up to me, Lucas, I'd gut you right now, and stuff that metal arm up somewhere nice and cozy.
- Incidentally, I like your new look Cap. You should keep it!
- It's poisonous, it's unpoliced, and smart people figure that at any one time there's three ships there that're still launch-capable. Chaparanga Beach is one the five most dangeroous places on Earth. You shoulda brought your camera.
- Chump called the tune. Now he pays the piper!
- You ain't done makin' mistakes, bub, not be a long shot.
- You ain't seen a kill-frenzy until you've seen me get mad!
- Daredevil, right?
- I admire you, Daredevil. I admire your relentless concern for the rights of scum. But I ain't you!
- Vacation's over, Petey. Time to go to work.
- Then it's settled. Deadpool dies.
- We're on our way to rescue a queen, overthrow an evil wizard, and win back a country. Care to join us?
- All I'm sayin' is -- this ain't the first time we all thought Captain America was gone.
- A death isn't like losing a job or getting divorced. You don't "get over it." You have to integrate it into your life. Learn to live with it. But... life does get better.
- We take one of these *$%&# alive. The rest? Open season.
- Osborn. Even buried deep in prison that nutjob is still giving us grief.
- "Mascara contra mascara" means "Mask against mask." The loser of the match is unmasked and his identity revealed.
- This is bad, people! Cyke, you know that help I said we might be getting? Forget it! 'Cause Ghost Rider has been infected by the Brood!
- She's gotta be one of the five... maybe three... top thieves in the whole world.
- I remember. My whole life. I remember all of it.
- My name is James Howlett and this is where I was born. This is also where I died.
- X-Force -- kill whoever you want. But Big Red is mine.
- All right, you freaks -- just hold it! If you really want to tangle with someone -- why not try your luck against -- the Wolverine!
- It's time for me to start changin' the way I look at the world......and at myself.
- I been a lot of things in a lot of places -- a sickly kid named James Howlett, a killing machine called Weapon X, a "hero" goes by Wolverine -- but this...this is where I became a man.
- Even the Devil can bleed.
- Go ahead. Pull the trigger. But after you do, bub... then you're mine.
- Now all we have to do is cross the desolate plane...scale the mountain...and rescue the girl! ... I never said it was going to be easy!
- I AM -- LOGAN! LOGAN! I AM A MAN! And YOU -- are the ANIMAL!
- What? You're kidding me, right? Peter, you're a nerd who finally got a hot chick. I'm happy for you, but that doesn't mean everyone is after her.
- She's in pain. She needs something to strike out at, something to help her move from grief to rage. Because rage keeps you moving. All grief does is make you want to die right alongside the person you lost. Rage gives you a reason to live. She needed something, someone to hit. So I gave it to her. Seemed like the least I could do.
- Take it from Rogue, Darla... Your past don't define you. If we aren't given the chance to learn from our mistakes... to grow... to evolve... We'd all still be animals...
- First Spider-Man trashes us... Now the Wasp?! I've had it with gettin' dumped on my butt!
- When I was a kid I used to think the old man-- my grandfather-- was the devil.
- He ran a guerilla war-- Which means he ran kill teams. Civilians died. What do they call that kind o'person in the United States, kid ?
- No one is talking because no one trusts each other anymore. [...] Because any one of us could be a Skrull.
- Hey, I'm an X-Man and on two Avengers teams. ... Multitasking. It's my mutant power. Don't tell anybody.
- Hey Stevie, you got anything stronger'n cider? I could use a cold brew!
- You and me, Jeanie. You and me in a blaze of glory.
- $#%^ING UNICORNS!
- What's your game, Cable? And how many more people are going to die before it's over?
- You killed him! You killed my papa!
- You're finished here, you fat tub o'dirt. You mark me well, 'cause I never been so serious -- I see your ugly face in mine ever again, you're a dead man!
- Matsu'o's not done paying. So he doesn't get to die. Ever.
- Only 198 mutants left on the stinkin' planet, and that girl's gotta be one of 'em.
- If you think I can't find you, you got another thing coming... Bub.
- I just ain't gonna let this island be a refuge for poachers. And I just had t'make sure the good prince understood.
- Most people think I'm nothing more than an animal!
- They had their shot... now it's my turn. I'm gonna kill every last **** on this island.
- We spew sounds a' hate and hurt an' we tear each other apart. Healing factor or not... this is the kind a' fight that leaves scars, neither one a' us is gonna be the same. That's around the time I lock eyes with him, that's when I notice it... the sonnova bitch is smiling. Take me a second to realize... I am too.[...]There's a part a' me that want to tear flesh and rend bone. A part that would rather than think. Used to believe that part a' me was inexhaustible. That no one could could tussle with it with it long enough to find its end. I was wrong. There is nothing left. He's taken it all. I almost want to say thanks.
- I did what I was told. That's what you do in war. I went where he said to go. I killed who he said to kill. I watched my friend die. She better be worth it.
- All right, you freaks -- just hold it! If you really want to tangle with someone -- why not try your luck against -- the Wolverine!
- How come my futures always stink?
- Betsy insists this Creed is a good man. May even be true. Don't lessen the instinct to cut 'im in half. Hate like that runs deep -- reason don't turn it off. Same as reason don't turn off my feelings for the elf. His voice -- takes me back to good times. Reminds me how far away they are now. Hurts like almost nothin' else. Only one other person could team me up this bad... ...Jean.
- Look around you, son. This is revenge. This is what it gets
- I'll... kill them all. My friends. Then, it'll be the sleazoids' turn.
- An' because they are my friends, I owe them life... or a quick, clean death.
- Fat man had his faults... but he made his exit with style.
- Like Ben Franklin said, bub... only two things certain in life... an' this ain't taxes.
- By all I hold holy, I swear... I'm gonna bring this flamin' country down!
- Don't go beatin' yourself up over Marrow. She was twisted. Ya had to stop her. Ya did. Sometimes, 'Ro, it's that simple.
- Things change. People change. You. Me. Every one of us... Every day of our lives. The day ya' stop changin'... is the day ya' die.
- What in blazes are you talkin' about, fat boy?! We've known the man most of our lives. Who're you ta tell him what's good for him an' what ain't?
- I'm your worst nightmare...I'm a self righteous mutant who ain't afraid to take out anyone who gets in the way of what I want.
- Calm down, my BUTT! WHERE'S A HEALER?! WHERE'S XORN?! WHERE'S WORTHINGTON?! WHERE THE HELL IS WORTHINGTON?!
- Let's start that thought over. My healing factor can handle your best shot. Wanna bet your life you can survive my claws?
- That's the other thing about comin' home...it usually reminds you why you wanted to leave in the first place
- He sounded weird, Kurt...sounded happy, sorta. Said it's time for the X-Men to "seize the future." So let's get the hell outta here an' find out exactly what Scott's gettin' us into!
- Kurt was the only guy that ever looked me in the eyes like a man, and spoke to me like one, and treated me like one. No matter what I did or where I was or how I felt. He was my best friend and he never treated me like a damn animal. And now he's -- he's gone, and -- and for what?!? You better be worth this, I swear to god.
- Well, Sabretooth is as "unsavory" as they come. If that animal represents part of my brain, he must be the part I ain't never gonna let myself become.
- Fat chance, Chuck! I haven't come this far to turn back without learning the whole truth! We're not goin' anywhere... so get up!
- Maybe, darlin'. But y'never know. Dreams are what make reality worth living. An' even for the likes of us, sometimes they come true.
- All I ask is ya remember this one thing......Rapture's mine!
- You think you can just take out some innocent girl, 'n make up for it later? You oughta know it doesn't work that way. Killin's easy. Livin' with it, now that's hard.
- No, lady. You weren't wrong. You weren't wrong.
- Maybe I'll run into her again someday......then you'll see some payback, pal. Count on it.
- I'm a fightin' man, and the way I see it this is worth fightin' for.
- Said it before and I'll say it again: There's something about a beautiful broad. Even if ya know they got something up their sleeve -- they still can put ya under their spell.
- Honor...That's Logan's struggle. I'm Wolverine.
- He got a gun? Does he look stupid enough to use it?
- Sorry, hon. Looks like... ...I can never be one o' you. Not really.
- Yeah, should'a seen that-- --coming... Elektra.
- My claws may be metal weapons-- --but they ain't no "mere."
- cause disco really does' suck. I'm just sayin'.
- You know, I'm offically tired of you questionin' my orders every five minutes! Newsflash, chickie: this ain't a democracy. Just do it.
- I'm the best at what I do. And what I do is... is... RUN!
- Gotta warn you flamin' robots... ...I'm the best at what I do. And what I do is-- --watch hockey!
- You were supposed to be my responsibility. I was supposed to keep you safe...
- "I am what I am and that's all that I am." And what I am... is a guy who tries to do the right thing. I'm Wolverine. And that's enough.
- Home, Logan? Ain't where your heart is. It's where you go when there's no place else to go.
- No words then, bub! Just you and me -- tooth and claw!
- You know who I am old man. I'm the one who broke the golden spear and shattered the Black Dragon Tong. I'm the man who killed Lo Shang Cho.
- Sounds fancy. Me, I'm a simple man...I'm just gonna kill ya.
- Hmmph. Got that right. No reason to. You lost ,I won. Deal with it, bub.
- The battle was good, if it is my time to die... ...then, sayonara <so be it>. It is a good place to die.
- You're there, baby! But it's like losing you all over again. I have to get back!
- It will heal. They always heal. And quickly.
- Funny...I was missing you and wanting you, tearing myself up inside. You'd come to me in dreams and that would be some sort of comfort. Then I'd wake up and you'd be gone. Now I know you're not gone. You are with me.
- Ever since I got my memories back, I've been after "them." For what "they" did to me. But it's not "them", is it, Seraph? It's him.
- I used to think that I was the best there is. Turns out, I'm the worst. I can't change that. So I'm gonna use it. I'm gonna use it to make 'em pay for what they did to me.
- What's been done to me an' mine has got to be paid for in blood. I know you wouldn't have wanted me to do the same for you... so I'm gonna respect that. It's the least I could do. Goodbye, Steve.
- Shouldn't lose yer temper...Wade. Makes ya stupid. Er.
- An' Wade? If you can hear me...listen up. This was what it was--there ain't no money. An' maybe you could'a taken me out, maybe not. I don't give a damn an' neither should you. But if ya come gunnin' for me like this again. I'll kill ya. Then I'll cut ya up into pieces an' eat ya. Like to see ya come back from that...
- There ain’t many around who can describe what it feels like to get hit by the Hulk. Simple fact bein’ there ain’t many around who can survive to tell the tale. There ain’t no pain at first. It’s like he hits ya so damn hard ya actually leave yer own body. It’s when ya come back that ya feel the pain. An’ ya realize yer goin’ toe-to-toe with a walkin’ earthquake.
- Bad news, bub...this little get-together just went from interrogation to execution.
- I forgive you Charles. I hope one day you can do the same for me.
- I guess every father hopes that his son turns out, in some way, like himself. In my case... well, I got more than I ever could've hoped for--
- Listen to me, Summers. Give Daken to me. You can keep the blade, just...give me my son. Please.
- Daken must've been here. Somewhere. Romulus set it up--put Daken and Tinkerer together. Victor...Victor is security. Makin' sure I stay clear. Victor is Romulus' man on the ground, makin' sure it all goes according to plan.
- I was lookin' so hard for a hidden connection...I missed the most obvious one.
- What are you...asking of me?
- I withold mercy from the merciless. That's my job.
- Sometimes I get this feelin'... kinda a longin' yearnin' maybe. For somethin' that was lost... ...or maybe don't even exist yet. Brazilians got a word for it-- --Saudade.
- Whenever I eat something that disagrees with me......I avoid eating it again!
- Not today, bub! Guys, as my buddy, Puck used to say......let's do it!
- Please allow me to introduce myself properly. You interrupted my drink!
- Maybe Mariko's ghost was telling me that this was my hour. That it was my time to join the world of shadows.
- I'm happy to be doing what I want to do. I'm really happy you got full control of your diseases and I can cut you as much as I want. I'm even happier you got some healing now so I can cut you over and over. But I'm happiest my boy there didn't kill you before it was my turn to take a crack.
- #### Spacemen.
- If you value your ability to sit comfortably, bub, then best drop that gun. 'Cause if I have to come over there and take it away from you...I'll give you one good guess just where I'm gonna stick it.
- This is what happens to women who get involved with me, Melita. I want you to understand that.
- I know this great little Viking place in Iceland. Thor took me there once. They serve mead made from the fermented blood of Frost Giants. Got quite a kick. You'll love it.
- He taught everyone around him how to enjoy life. And how to believe in something greater than themselves.
- Sometimes I remember liking it. That killing.
- Damn... can't see jack in these woods! And I'm supposed to be the hotshot tracker...
- Dammit... not healing!
- This excites you... doesn't it? Turns you on, my fighting him. Look at you... you're trembling... ...but not from fear... from something else. Who are you?
- I... I wrote that myself... ...and I put myself on this island.
- ... I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
- The cruelest, the most unnatural beast on the face of the earth, the one most likely to destroy everything -- is man.
- Rest in peace, Krill. Ya deserve it.
- Some material possessions are worth possessin' more than others......an' this is one a' them.
- He didn't make a sound. Not even a whimper. I've heard a lot of awful stuff in the past day or so. The cries. The screams. The roar. But you know what? The silence is the worst.
- Not sure exactly what it was, kiddo. But it told me where to start looking for answers. Grab the mark and let's go. My friend got killed over this and I'm gonna see it through now. There's gonna be hell to pay!
- I saw her in a vision. Same time I saw your girl here for the first time.
- Purity's never been one of my strong suits.
- You didn't forget about little old me, did you?
- I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do isn't very nice.
- If you wish Mariko-chan's life... you'll have to get past me to take it.
- I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. I used t' be a secret agent. I used t' be a hero. Now, I'm drunk. An' lovin' ever minute of it!
- I'm Wolverine. If you're smart. You don't want me for an enemy.
- My name is Logan -- But most people know me as Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best... Isn't very nice.
- I'm called Wolverine. Or Logan. Or Patch. Or motherless scum. Depends who I'm with and whether we're trying to kill each other.
- I refuse to die... upside down... It's too stupid...
- I make him mad. But I figure that's okay... I wrote the book on mad.
- You'll recover. But if you have kids, they'll be stupid.
- Ya would'a been better luck if ya'd brought me a beer.
- Ya know, we'd attract a lot less attention if ya weren't marchin' through the streets with a drawn laser pistol.
- Real deadly mutant power...inspiration. Can't undo havin' used it, kid. Just run from the results...or try t'make 'em mean somethin'.
- During the best times, Dunwich Sanitorium churned out hit men and assassins for gangsters and corrupt government officials. Then, new management took over and it went from bad to nightmarish. I spent a few weeks in residence after the whole operation went south. They used psychic munitions to incapacitate me. They strip-mined my brain, tried to turn me into their plaything. That didn't work out so well for them. I spent my whole life playing this game of hide-and-seek with my past. Trying to remember...forcing myself to forget...but this place haunts me.
- Come on. We've gotta move now. I may not know why you've been marked for assassination, but one thing's for sure...we're both dead if the covenant finds out I've double-crossed them.
- Chambers... or one of his automated factories... pieced these knock-offs together quickly. They've got claws and speed and a killer instinct. But they ain't the real deal. The ain't me. Far from--Aw, c'mon
- I ain't killin' you bub -- I'm not makin' it that easy on you! I've decided that for what you did, you're gonna pay for a long time! I'm gonna keep comin' back, see? An' each time, I come back I'm gonna cut just a little more offa you! An' between visits, you're gonna sit and wonder which part I'm gonna slice off next! I'll be seein' you around, bub!
- You ever try to remember something and just couldn't? Ya know, ya wrack yer brains for hours and it's just out of reach, like an itch in the middle o' your back? Half my life is like that, Charlie... gimme a break.
- Some basement ya got there, bub -- must have some heck of a heatin' bill, huh?
- To paraphrase an old army buddy: I do so love it when a plan comes together.
- You should talk about being defective, lady -- you're all over the place!
- Ol' Mr. Creed wouldn't spit in yer face if yer nose was on fire... he just ain't no team player.
- Listen, Native! We're not animals...I know what it's like to be alone.
- There's something really wrong with me right now. Something isn't right here--
- Ninety percent of accidents happen at home, bub.
- Doesn't matter how many we take out... as long as Hydra got we came for.
- Oh Matt, Matt, Matty-Matt. Don't you understand? You were just the friggin' bait kiddo.
- S'funny ... I've been an Avenger for a couple'a months now and I finally have something to avenge.
- Before setting out on revenge, first dig ten graves. Saves time later.
- My name is Logan. Most call me Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best...isn't shopping
- Black Panther's house. His rules.
- Let's try a little drinking game. Every time I say "What the @#$%?" take a drink.
- So you're saying I killed the angel of death and now I get a second bite at the apple whenever I die?
- Would it violate some kinda rule for you to speak English?
- Well, I love mysteries. No, really, I do. 'Cause I can usually solve a mystery by beating the snot outta somebody.
- It's damn annoying how you keep calling me James. The name's Logan.
- Hiya, Raven, how 'bout I buy ya a drink?
- While you're crawling around out here, slowly bleeding out, you just think about who you are and what you've done with your life.
- I am afraid to be alone with my own thoughts. I'm afraid of my own memories.
Tell everyone. Tell them not to look for me. Tell them...just let me go.
Logan wait, don't--
- Alex I had no choice. No. Don't look. You think you want to see. You don't. Help'll be here soon. Right now, you just listen to me, you keep looking at me. Whatever happened here--it wasn't the dad you knew that did all this. A father doesn't try to kill his own son.
- Well, I-- --I killed her, Kitty. It was an accident.
- Damn it. Damn it. Let's see how all their ninjutsu does-- --when it's me it's up against!
- So we're doing this in the open? You've taken over everyone on board? Whatever you are. At least you've stopped tellin' me lies about doombots. I walked in here 'cause I figured there must be someone in charge left for me to warn. Why else would the Watcher freak out at the idea of me not coming here? Next time it's the end of the world 'cos S.H.I.E.L.D.'s being mind-controlled...I'm gonna ask for clear instructions.
- I might have lost some of my skills. I might be mortal now. I still got a lot of experiences.
- Don't worry. They aren't gonna kill you. I am.
- You work for the X-Men long enough and you learn all kinds of things. Like Emma doesn't like it when you stand on the back of her cape. Nightcrawler's two-fingered poker technique could be very distracting. And there actually is a temperature below which it is not safe to put your tongue on Colossus.
- Punisher's a dangerous loose cannon -- Always walkin' the line. Always in danger of going over......traits I can empathize with.
- Okay, bub -- Your stink's all over this crime......you ain't no cop looking for clues and you sure ain't the Punisher.
- I can 'read' folks pretty well. We have similarities -- Treading an unsteady line in our quest to do good. It's tough to balance instinct with intellect at times. You can return the favor if it looks like I've ever lost sight of the line.
- Telepath. Feel him in my brain. Like worms. Hurts. Burns. Worms tunneling. Find him. Kill him. Kill Quire.
- It's okay sweetie... whatever those things are, they ain't real. So they can't be your brother. Do you hear me? I 'm not saying it doesn't hurt, and doesn't seriously mess with your head. And doesn't kinda fly in the face of all logic and reality. BUT IT'S NOT REAL. We'll sort all this out... I promise
- See, that the thing, Kid... it ain't supposed to be fun. Guess your daddy never taught you that. Me, I've studied how to kill pretty much everything that walks, flies or slither in this big ole' universe. Including Strontians, like you. I know your strengths. And I know your pressure points. Like this one here. Guess what I'm trying to say is... you shoulda stayed in school.
- So no matter what happens, we ain't going back to the way things were. Soon as we find those kids...the Jean Grey School is finished.
- I don't need my school to save me, Scott. It already did.
- Leave Petey alone, Hulk. It always comes down to me and you anyway.
- It's about as far from 'okay' as you can get, boss man. I told you to wait!! You signed their death warrants without batting an eye! If either one of those kids dies, it's on you.
- Rahne Sinclair has two things we'll never get back... hope and innocence. She's who we save -- she's why we risk our lives. She's who we die for!
- Seeing all of the enemies I thought we'd beaten and buried back in the flesh is something I won't forget anytime soon. Just like seeing Warren lying on top of a bloody pile of murder he committed. These are things I just never contemplated. But it's the image of Rahne, soaked in the blood of her father, praying for forgiveness, that I can't shake. She won't talk about what happened...hell, she won't talk at all. But we didn't find a body...just a lot of blood an the old bastard's clothes. God help her once the shock wears off...and she remembers what she did.
- You've got an inoperable brain tumor. You're gonna die unless you help us. The only choice you have to make...is how bad we hurt you before you do. Now where is the $@%&ing virus?!
- Read my mind. What are you afraid of? Read it, and you'll see. The whole story. Starting with the day I came to the X-Men. The day you let me in through the door--even though you knew damn well I'd been sent there to kill you.
- The end of the world is coming. I don't think I can face it. I know I can.
- Yeah, sure. Treat me like a kid again. I have got to get my Adamantium back.
- Sure you made mistakes today. Learn from 'em. But you got no call t'be ashamed. You should be proud. Because we're all proud of you. You did good!!
- A man comes at me with his fists, I'll meet him with fists. But if he pulls a gun - or threatens people I'm protectin' - then I got no sympathy for him.
- You told me the Phoenix has a purpose, Jeannie. It burns away what doesn't work. So what'd you come to burn?
- 'Attaboy, Warren -- that's the avengin' Angel we all know and love!
- Just give it all you got, Beast!
- Not bad folks, I've seen some heavy stompin' in my time...but this takes the cake. Hey one-eye, we got what we came for, right? That princess chick? How 'bout we head on home while we got the chance?
- Like my name-sake, I'm fast an' I'm mean, an' when I get mad -- people get hurt!!
- What I am, Vindicator, is free. An' I'm gonna stay free -- or die!
- There's a time fer scrappin' an' a time fer bein' sneaky. Either way, Wolverine's the best there is.
- You ain't done makin' mistakes, bub, not by a long shot.
- A man comes at me with his fists, I'll meet him with fists. But if he pulls a gun - or threatens people I'm protectin' - then I got no sympathy for him.
- Hurt you? Baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet.
- I'm the best there is at what I do... And what I do best is... cower.
- Maybe the dream is dead. Maybe we should all stop pretendin' it ain't -- an' accept the fact we're livin' in a nightmare.
- The Marauders don't have the baby. One of OUR side has her. An X-Man took her from Cooperstown.
- Hardest lesson to learn, girl...sometimes the bad guys win!
- When this is over, Slim, you me need to have a little talk. But right now...I want these bloodsuckers off our island!
- You're one of the smartest people I know, one of the most sensible, and, despite all the crap you went through, one of the most caring. The best day of that kid's life will always be the day you rescued him.
Conversations with James Howlett (Earth-616)
What did they want? And if they WERE us in the future, if they killed us in the past, wouldn't THEY be killing themselves? My head hurts.
Bigger question... If they're gone, you know what that means? CAKE!
- — A + X #1
Is there anyone else? I promise I will do right by you.
We're staying here to do what we set out to do as X-Men. What you're offering... isn't it.
I'm coming with you.
You-- you can't do this!
What was that?
I'll do the talking. Shut up.
Who is out there?
Well... "your brother and his... Uncanny Avengers
Come out with your hands up! You are in a lot of trouble! Don't make it any worse for yourselves!
Believe it or not... I even love you, Wolverine.
Boy, you are drunk. Love you too, elf. Now c'mon... ...let's go home.
Time to make nice with the public, eh, Summers?
We have to do more than that, Logan. We have to astonish them.
Wolverine (to Hisako)
Quit whining, kid. I got eaten today.
Yes, about that...
I can't begin to apologize.
Pfft! That's what friends are for.
I'm fairly certain it's not.
Emma? Apparently I said "****ing" to Abigail Brand. Does that sound like me?
Well done, Darling. That snot-haired cow had it coming. I'm very proud.
God, I love you.
You say anything like that again, I'm gonna puke right in your visor.
What're you doing here?
Standing. With my family.
Listen, bub. You may look and smell like me, but I've learned not to trust appearances. You stay the hell out of my way.
Why don't I just watch your back... and we save the fussing for later. Bub.
FINE BY ME!
...I can raise the dead. I can give you everything you've ever wished for... ...or nothing at all. It's up to you.
Cyclops (Scott Summers)
And all we'd have to do to receive these miracles is...?
Cyclops (Scott Summers)
You mean surrender.
You may resist, if you wish. If your pride demands it. But you won't win. Even the power of the Beyonder was nothing compared to that of the Life Force. And those who resist it will surely perish. So will you accept my offer...?
Not again... I guess this time its a not-so-Secret War.
Hey, guys! Should we be fighting these animals? I mean, what if they're being mind-controlled by Foom?
Liste, bub, they're only animals--They don't know any better.
Um, guys, that's Spider-Man. He's my owner's nephew. Should we be fighting them? Do they know what they're doing?
Oh, please. They're only humans--They don't know any better.
The X-Men are here, and we're down to kick butt and take names!
I wouldn't put it so crudely!
Okay, Beastie – let us pummel these louts severely about the head and shoulders!
Makes me wonder what we're doin' here. When we stop a man from doin' what needs to be done.
You felt Cletus in your head. Just like I did. He wanted to take the entire world. We did enough. We kept him from having his way.
You think so, huh? Look at this place... I'm not so sure.
Cyclops (Scott Summers)
So what's the general consensus?
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
As far as I'm concerned, Stamford was our wake-up call. What alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity. Becoming public employees makes perfect sense if it helps people sleep a little easier
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
I can't believe I'm hearing this. The masks are a tradition. We can't just let them turn us into super-cops.
Yellowjacket (Henry Pym)
Are you kidding? We're lucky people have tolerated this for as long as they have, Sam. Why should we be allowed to hide behind these things?
Wolverine (James Howlett)
Because the world ain't so nice outside your ivory tower, bub.
Wolverine, truly there is more to you than meets the eye.
At my size babe, that ain't hard.
Half an hour to make-- sheesh, what're we supposed to do till then?
Really, Logan... Use your imagination.
It smells funny...like wet fur. Must be rats.
Well...if it's just rats, that's not a problem.
Just rats, right, Logan?
I don't envy you, but you have a good crew surrounding you...
They are the best at what they do... but we have lost many.
We all have.
I'm dangerous, buddy, and don't you forget it.
- — Claws #1
I'm not a big fan of swimming. You know, us cats and water...
What about cats and molten lava?
- — Claws #2
Is that my apology?!
It's as close as yer gonna get.
Deadpool shoots Wolverine
Okay. Well, this is as close as I'm gonna get to accept it.
Your camp has fallen. I urge you to surrender. You don't need to die tonight.
I urge you not to listen to Cap and keep fightin'!
Uh, I haven't prepared any remarks, so why don't you just do what your heart tells you? Officer How in the hell did you know how to disarm it?
You son a--I came here 'cause I thought you had a job. We're hired killers, not social workers. Why the hell would I waste two damn seconds on your touchy-feely crap?
One: I'll pay you. Two: No one else is doing it. And...Three: What if there'd been someone who gave a damn when you were a kid?
You'll pay me how much?
I thought you said "Your sister is a puta" was a traditional greeting!
Yup. It's the prescribed return. Said so in the tourist phrase book.
You ever see anything like this before?--Logan? Logan?
Get the kid!
What are you doing?
Gonna drop in on an old friend.
The chick was lookin' at me!
Tag, you're it, boy!
Logan... You idiot...
Oh my god! He's been stabbed!
But, more importantly really... the answer to both of my questions is you don't know any more about this than I do.
And yet you talked trash when I showed up late.
'At's what I do, Sunshine.
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Anyone want to carry me?
Don't you have the proportionate strength of a spider? Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Who hasn't slept in three days, who got his arm broken and hasn't had it looked at yet, who is now hiking through the tropical jungle in his full-body long johns and booties.
That spider that bit ya must have been one whiny spider.
Wolverine (James "Logan" Howlett)
Avengers... Whup his ass!
Uh, is that the catchphrase now?
It is now.
What are you, Spider-Man's evil clone?
Pfft. I got a clone, too.
Got a firm li'l butt there. You must work out.
First rule about the "fastball special"...you don't talk about the "fastball special."
It's about then, I come up with this plan--
Excuse me? Your plan? Your. Plan.
Fine. We come up with this plan. Friggin' brilliant, you don't mind my saying.
Oh, I can't wait to hear this.
Peter Parker's consciousness
Ohhh What I wouldn't give for some ghost-popcorn right now.
Whoever thou art, stand down! Or face the wrath of the Mighty Avengers!
What he said. But me? I'm hopin' you put up a fight. 'Cause I'd just love to carve you a new one!
Very well. Do your worst!
We need the X-Men.
We need the Avengers.
Lucky dames-- you got 'em both.
No! I won't let you die again! I'm not going to abandon you, Jeanie!
You are going to abandon me because I'm not your Jeanie. I'm his.
From this moment on, wherever, whenever I find them [the Brood] -- be they high-born or low, adult or child -- their lives are mine!
Sounds good ta me, darlin'.
And... to me. God help us all.
If we can't trust ourselves anymore...
...then the time's come to pack things up and go our separate ways... because in all the ways that really matter... the X-Men are through!
Whassa-matta fellas? Look like you're seein' a ghost.
But -- we saw you shot!
I got better.
You remind me of an old road. The idea of going down it again has me worried going on scared. It'd be better if we weren't close.
Is this whatever scares Frost and Cyclops and --
Yeah, that. Cyclops told me what they've seen. Gotta at least consider the worst case scenario.
It's that bad? Everyone just skirts around it. What I could become scares you that much?
It's not what you could become. It's what happens then. That's what scares me. Someone would have to step in. Guess whose temperament and talents tends to make him that someone? A man can get awfully tired of wiping friends off knuckles.
I don't know whose mug Dirt Map is wearin' fight now, but that big masty lump in the barf is mome other than a psycho-chicken name o' Venom!
Psycho-chicken? I have to take this from a hairy mutant with claws?
Okay, let's call it a truce. But you sure ain't no pal o' mine, bub!
Flay him. My lambent beauties!
Flay me? That's rich. Puts me in the mood to slice, dice, fillet and julienne these walkin' nightmares!
I'm sorry, Logan, But I refuse. Erasing your memories is not the answer.
You were in my head, Chuck. You saw what I really am!
But I can also see the man you have become since then. Your memories stand as a testament to that journey.
Whatever. Y'know...Maybe we'll meet again someday. Maybe we won't be on the same side...and you can take a stab at takin' that pain out on me.
Count on it.
I know what this girl's gone through. I've seen it. It isn't her fault, what's happening. We have to help her, not kill her.
Might be that's the only way we can help her.
I never figured angels to be so arrogant.
They're not arrogant. They're bitter. The only thing they know of life is whay they see in us.
You'll have to kill me first.
I leave you alone for one minutes and you pick a fight with the entire town.
They started it.
And you mean to finish it.
It crossed my mind.
Frank? You okay?
Jaw might be busted. Teeth loose. Bleeding under the skin. Tissue damage. Blurred vision. Slight concussion. You asked.
Wish I hadn't.
Ah, blow it out your ear.
Like I don't hear that a lot.
You never want to spend time with me.
Do you want me to spend more time with you?
Relax. It's me.
You're a dork.
And I hate disco.
Also, you got a crush on Colossus but you think no one's noticed--
You had me at "Dork," okay? Can we go, please?
Heh Heh Heh.
Ah, Crap. I really needed those.
Like I said, I'm not moving backward anymore.
Then you better move forward.
Yeah, that's the plan.
I am one of "these people"! Winsor gave me this infection so I could cure him!
Cure for him is I kill him.
Now who's got Stockholm Syndrome?
It's not Stockholm when you're sympathizing with your dad.
So maybe I pushed a little harder than I needed to.
That's the sweetest non-apology I ever received from a man in my life.
I'm an eloquent #####.
You have to breathe?
Hold your breath.
How'd ya like to be "marooned" on the flume ride, Miss Britches?
Oooo, I am so scared! Please don't abandon me, Mr. Teddy!
I was just wondering' if either of us'll find a woman to settle down with.
I t'ink mebbe people like us aren't meant for dat.
I'm ready to go home now.
I think we both are, darlin'......I think we both are.
Howdy 'pool. How's it hangin'?
Great. So now you're a comedian.
Good to see you've survived, Logan.
One of the things I do best.
Hana was here as well?
Yeah, I saw your sister.
She look just like you.
I see no humor in this situation.
... I used to be a man.
You still are, Logan.
Wolverine...there there are more...trigger phrases...Weapon X implanted dozens of them...buried them deep. I saw them...scattered across the landscape of your mind like rotting stumps. Ha.
Enough. Your "Family" is dead. I killed them. And I want you to understand something. This about me. NOT Weapon X. NOT the Berserker. NOT whatever Murderer you tried to turn me into. I'm calm. Rational. I killed you.
We all got shame for things we done. I got more than most.
Joshua Foley (Elixir)
And yet you keep on. How do you keep going, knowing what you know? What you've done?
I don't know any better'n you do, kid, what makes me tick.
I fight every day with what I got inside.
And every night I go to bed regretting all the things I done wrong in this world.
And when I wake up, I decide today to try and do things right.
Romulus wasn't looking for a new species. He was looking to create one. The bones you found in the elephant graveyard in Wakanda. Do you think he left them there by mistake? They were there to throw you off. And they did. He'd been mining there looking for as much of it as possible.
As part of a new Adamantium. For a new age. Our age. Romulus doesn't want you dead Logan. He wants you by his side.
I've read my father's journals. The Dreaming Maiden is a Herald...A Harbinger...A damn beacon! She's not just dreaming you git!
Listen...maybe we should all take a breath here--
No. Because that creature isn't just dreaming. She's calling out to something. She's summoning something much worse.
There's a lot of ways to make a situation worse. Keep talking about things you don't understand and you'll find out firsthand.
I wish this could be forever, darlin'... You an' me, an' the sunset, the wildflowers, an' the breeze carryin' the tang o' mountain laurel --
Don't be silly Logan! Nothing's forever. Everything has it's time... And our time is now!
Ya know, you remind me of someone --
I do? Maybe it's the wings?
What is this, a bingo game? What're all those numbers?
Hey, Wolvie, aren't numbers... what Sentinels use for names?
Let me go into that wonderful warmth! Hear that music? It's all the voices o' everyone I ever loved, singin' the end to loneliness and sorrow! It's the brilliant, shinin' chord o' redemption!
Logan! It's death!!
Aww, Charlie... don't ya think I know that?
You must be crazy, coming all the way out here on your own.
You ain't on your own, are you?
Nope. Believe it or not...I'm not the only person in the world who cares about you.
Arrrgghh!!! How...how is this possible?
You might say I've been...working out a bit since last we tangled.
I got a girlfriend, buried one of my closet buddies, went to hell and back, had a buncha demons run wild in my head, was tricked into killing my own damn kids, had my face blown off by another of my friends and became headmaster to a school full of mutant teenagers.
After all that, you really think some one-armed joker who punches like a girl is gonna do me any damage?
Keep it up, pal. It's starting to tickle.
This ends now. You end now, little man.
Talk is cheap, bub. Show me.
Happy birthday, Logan. It's the first real one you've had in a hundred years. Please, just enjoy it. You deserve it. Still mad at me?
Terrence? You sleep on the couch tonight. C'mere.
-- (Logan & Melita kiss)
Wolverine, what is going on?!
The Wolverine is dead now.
What...happened? I don't remember anything after...after my dad was going to fire again and you...you--you--!
Damn it all to perdition.
My dear friend--I'm so sorry. Your healing factor is gone. I've consulted with Tony Stark, Henry Pym, Santi Sardina... They all agree. The "Empty" bullet in your shoulder contained a dose of this... I can hardly say it... "Intelligent Virus from the Microverse"... I guess that was it's backup plan. To switch off your ability to heal. I think it then tried to take you over. But your power... I imagine it put up a hell of a fight. It burned the virus out of your system. The Good news: I've managed to synthesize a drug to counteract the Adamantium poisoning. But the bad news... you're vulnerable to injury--and you'll age at a normal rate--
Okay, got it. Thanks.
The child... Hope is the prophesied saviour of our people, and Cyclops risks her in battle?
All the kids. If you ask me we can't afford to lose any of 'em. But yeah... her especially
My apologies. I was wrong. You were entirely justified in your actions. I have sworn to save mutantkind. My course is clear
Um... Did we just get Cyclops killed?
It's because we're monsters. ... That's why they want to kill us. You can't blame them really. They have every right to be afraid.
Look at me, Idie...you are not a monster, you hear me?
It's okay. It doesn't bother me anymore. I've made my peace with what I am.
You think this is noble, what you're doing here? I assure you, it's not. Even if you manage to blow up with one Sentinel, there are still thousands more out there, and you'll be casting us right into their midst. Tell me... How is that helping those children?