Quotes by Georges Batroc (Earth-616)
- Sacre Nom! Am I nevare to be free of the shield-carrying Avenger??
- Ah, eet appears we have a guest. Allo, mon enemi.
- As for ze Lepair -- perhaps I yet regain my lost honair...
- ... Let's see what your power is against a master of LA SAVATE!
- I do not believe it! You have ruined me again Capitan! You... I... oh, well! I guess those are the fortunes of war! C'est la vie!
- I have finally shafted zee great Captain America!
- A Thousand pardons Mademoiselle!
- Msieu Zaran, Nevair call Batroc anyzing but a ladies man...
- M'sieu Crossbones-- I hope you are ready!
- You are good mon Capitan, but not even you can best a hundred super foes!
- I will miss you mon ami.
- I see you are armed with a new shield, Capitan.
- Sacre Bleu! You are fastaire than ever Avengaire.
- The Captain would never head across a rooftop in this state, unless it'd cut his prey's lead. And if he did, he'd never jump on a weak-spot. The Captain is nothing if not observant. For him to fall...someone would have had to have disguised it earlier. And now I make good my escape. ...He is vulnerable. Escape, Batroc. It is not about winning. Solar plexus. It is not about this. One strike. You just need one strike. Don't do it. Take him. Batroc: You idiot. You idiot. You idiot.
- Not for nozzing am I zee World's Greatest Leaper!
- In battle, as in life, style is all-important.
- She is no ordinary female -- She is an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!
- Clever though they be, Batroc never fails!
- Men wizout honair deserve no mercy!
Batroc uses many French terms which may strike even the American reader who makes up most of Marvel's audience as stereotypical; a native speaker of French may find Batroc's dialogue not only stereotypical but hilariously badly translated:
- "Zut alors!" (Batroc uses this term even in a totally inappropriate context)
- "Sacre Bleu!"
- "Alas, you are too sensitive, mon cher! But, c'est la vie!"
- "Nom du chien! Your insolence is insupportable-- insufferable!! For zat you shall pay un mille fois!" (Batroc should say "Nom d'un chien" and he shouldn't use the "un" for "mille fois")
- "Is it not très formidable!" (Batroc shouldn't use the "très")
- "Ah, mon pauvre petit!"
Batroc inserts so much mangled French terminology into his speech, that Captain America once asked him: "Who gave you your English lessons? Doctor Doom?"
Pages in category "Georges Batroc (Earth-616)/Quotes"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.