- But the real truth is -- I don't know who I am anymore. A folk-rock comer named Rick Jones -- or a guy from another galaxy called Mar-Vell!
- -- Rick Jones
Appearing in "The Hunter and the Holocaust"Edit
- Rat Pack (First appearance)
- Mordecai Boggs
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- Yon-Rogg (Only in flashback)
- Greenwich Village
- Southwest Desert
Synopsis for "The Hunter and the Holocaust"Edit
After playing a number of gigs in New York, Rick Jones is once more met by Mordecai P. Boggs, who offers him the opportunity to be promoted by him. An offer which Rick once more declines. Later in his apartment, Rick (with the help of Mar-Vell) manage to stop some muggers trying to rob someone in their building.
During the fight Rick comes up with a possible solution to separate themselves and free Mar-Vell from the Negative Zone: his old friend Bruce Banner. The two decide to try and track down Banner, first by searching his old hidden labs in the Navada desert.
ALong the way they pass through a disaster zone, where Mar-Vell is compelled to stop and help people out, save a little girl, and stop a group of looters known as the Rat Pack from capitalizing on the disaster zone. With the three hour time limit in which Mar-Vell can spend in the positive mater universe over, he weakens and changes back to Rick Jones. Jones crashes into a lake near a hidden base where Bruce Banner is hiding out.
His monitors alerting him of Rick's presence, Banner's initial fear that Rick might be working for forces that are against him, Banner transforms into the Hulk who bounds over to Rick, intend on hurting the boy.
This story is continued next issue...
- The Hulk was last seen in Incredible Hulk #128.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It to Mar-Vell. Letters are published from Steven Mauren, Roger Vanous, Tim Allen, Tom Barrett, and Alan Kupperberg.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Marvel Vol 1 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain Marvel series
- Images from Captain Marvel Vol 1 20
Links and ReferencesEdit