- The Grand Director! What a pitiful, sickening joke! You aren't half the man Rogers is! You never were!
- -- Dr. Faustus
Appearing in "Cross Fire"Edit
- Sharon Carter (Appears in flashback and main story) (appears to die in this issue)
- Peggy Carter (Only in flashback)
- Karl Janacek (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Mysterious Stalker (from last issue)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Cross Fire"Edit
The National Force interrupts local television with a propaganda film. In the broadcast, a brainwashed Captain America defeats a group of brainwashed protestors. He brandishes his shield for the camera, which has been painted with a swastika on flames. Watching incredulously from Matt Murdock's townhouse, Foggy Nelson & Becky Blake turn off the TV in disgust. When his friends leave, Matt changes into Daredevil and scours the streets of Manhattan, believing that Cap is in trouble. After saving an old man during a police chase of a National Force vehicle, Daredevil follows the car to a waterfront warehouse. Alerted by a silent alarm, Dr. Faustus and the Grand Director enter the warehouse with the brainwashed Cap in tow. Convinced that Daredevil is a spy, Cap viciously attacks Daredevil. Realizing that Cap has been brainwashed, Daredevil manipulates Cap into dousing his shield with oil. The oil mixes with the new paint on the shield, sloughing off the swastika. At the sight of his original shield design Cap's memory is restored, but Cap and Daredevil find themselves in the crosshairs of several National Force gunmen.
- In this issue, Sharon Carter is presumed killed in action. She will not be seen again for over 15 years! She returns in Captain America #445.
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Stephen B. Bieler, Gerald Einhaus, and Brett Slack.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#LG-326.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 233 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain America series
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 233
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #233 
|Like this? Let us know!|