- Who is Steve Rogers?
Appearing in "The Way It Was"Edit
Supporting Characters: All Appear as Flashbacks
- Dr. Abraham Erskine
- Heinz Kruger
- Sgt. Duffy
- Bucky Barnes
- Red Skull
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
- Union Jack (Brian Falsworth)
- Harry Truman
- The Patriot
- Spirit of 76
- Captain America (William Burnside)
- Red Skull (Albert Malik)
- Giant-Man (Henry Pym)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark)
- Sharon Carter
- Scarlet Witch
- Captain America's Shield
- Iron Man Armor MK III (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man Armor MK IV (Only in flashback)
- Cosmic Cube (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Way It Was"Edit
This is basically a flashback/origin issue for Captain America. The story concludes with Captain America determining that he cannot remember the man, Steve Rogers, prior to his undergoing the Super Soldier Project in 1941. He vows to find out, "Who is Steve Rogers?"
- This issue begins a long story arc on trying to determine who Steve Rogers was prior to becoming America's Super Soldier in 1941. The story is not clearly resolved until, Captain America #247 and his next origin tale in Captain America #255.
- Despite not being able to remember his past, Steve Rogers' notes in this issue that he grew up in Manhattan. This is proven to be a false memory implant. In actuality, Steve Rogers grew up in Brooklyn where he has also lived as an adult for a number of years.
- No letters page is published this issue.
- Iron Man is mistakenly shown in one panel with his MK IV armor on. When Captain America was discovered by the Avengers in Avengers #4, Tony Stark wore the MKIII armor.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 215 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain America series
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 215
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #215