- You could never have pulled that trigger, we both know that, boy...and now it's over. Time for a new morning in America.
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Sharon Carter
- Vision (Jonas)
- Wasp (Hank Pym)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson)
- Ronin (Clint Barton)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Red Skull/"Captain America" (Johann Schmidt)
- Sin (Synthia Schmidt)
- Crossbones (Brock Rumlow)
- Super-M.O.D.O.K. Squadron (First appearance)
- A.I.M. Transport
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Aboard the A.I.M. transport ship, Sharon tries reaching out to Steve Rogers telling him to not "let him win". Captain America responds by kicking her in the face. When Sharon argues that it is Norman Osborn that is "pulling the strings", Captain America responds by telling her that Norman Osborn has gone to great lengths for him, even striking a political deal with Dr. Doom, and that he would be following Osborn's plan- for now. Captain America then informs that they will be meeting with the President to inform him on Captain America's return, right after he takes care of Avengers who have been tailing them in stealth for the last hour. Immediately the Vision phases through the transport's walls but is quickly frozen by Sin using a new weapon developed by Zola and A.I.M. The Avenger's Quinjet is then quickly shot down crashing in Washington D.C.'s Reflecting Pool. The A.I.M. transport lands and a battle then ensues between the Avengers and the A.I.M. agents.
The real Steve Rogers is now stuck in an alternate New York, one run by the Red Skull. After being discovered by Nazi soldiers, Steve escapes down a dark alley where he finds Uncle Sam posters, refashioned in the image of the Red Skull. Steve Roger punches through the wall, where he catches the Red Skull off guard, and the two fight. Aboard the transport ship, the Red Skull controlled Captain America becomes disorientated from the mental attack of Steve Rogers. Captain America then informs Zola to release the shock troops- the Super M.O.D.O.K. Squadron (Military Organisms Designed Only for Killing Super Heroes) lead by Crossbones.
Bucky spots the Captain America and Sin emerging from the transport. Sin charges towards Bucky only to be knocked away by Bucky's shield. Upon the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, Captain America and Bucky fight while Steve Rogers and the Red Skull fight in the alternate New York. As they fight, the Red Skull reveals to Steve Rogers that is was in fact Sharon who had assassinated him, but Steve Rogers passes it off as a lie. Sin then shoots Bucky in the back from point-blank range before Captain America takes the shield. Bucky draws his gun, with Captain America daring him to shoot. Bucky tries to reach out for Steve to give him a sign, but in his hesitation has his bionic arm decapitated at the wrist. Captain America takes Bucky by throat and prepares to strike the killing blow.
- No special notes.
- Steve Rogers is back...or is he? This is the action-packed finale of the best-selling series as the Avengers try to rescue their best and brightest from the Red Skull's darkest designs. Find out the fates of Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes and what their futures hold in store!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America: Reborn Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain America: Reborn series
- Images from Captain America: Reborn Vol 1 5
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|