The Brotherhood of Mutants was created by the mutants Magneto and Mystique in direct opposition to their old friend Charles Xavier's X-Men. Whereas Xavier sought for a peaceful co-existence between mutants and humans, Magneto's beliefs (influenced by his imprisonment and the death of his family in a Nazi concentration camp) were that humans would never accept mutants as equals and would turn on them, lashing out in anger and fear just as the Nazis had done. His solution was that if humans could not accept them into their society then they would create their own. Thus, the Brotherhood was born.
The two created the Brotherhood out of the much more radical Hellfire Club following its leader's death. It was originally made up of Magneto, Mystique, Emma Frost, Azazel, Riptide, and Angel Salvadore.
Over the decades, the roster continuously changed its size and composition. Eventually, the Brotherhood's goals changed from forming a separate but equal society to humans to completely dominating them. As such, Magneto and his associates were branded as terrorists.
Equipment: Mutant gene activator
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Mutant power
The Brotherhood has a significant roster in each movie.
- X-Men: Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, and Toad
- X-2: Magneto, Mystique, and Pyro
- Last Stand: Too large to list, with hundreds of unnamed mutants, but notable new members included: Callisto, Phoenix, Juggernaut, and Multiple Man
- X-Men: First Class: Magneto, Mystique, Emma Frost, Azazel, Riptide, and Angel
- 21 Brotherhood of Mutants (Earth-10005) Members
- 4 Appearances of Brotherhood of Mutants (Earth-10005)
- 3 Images that include Brotherhood of Mutants (Earth-10005)
- Team Gallery: Brotherhood of Mutants (Earth-10005)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Brotherhood of Mutants (Earth-10005)
Links and References