The Book of the Vishanti contains the most powerful white/order magic spells known, many of them being counterspells to other magic disciplines. It seems to have an endless number of pages. The book itself can be used deflect magics. Its spells can never be used for offense, only for defense. The Book is marked with the Seal of the Vishanti.
The book was written in Babylon several millenia before the 20th century. It fell into hands of priests of Marduk, and they installed a griffin to guard it. The sorcerer Yao (sometimes known as the Ancient One) found the book and, by defeating the beast guardian, became the destined possessor of the book following a prophecy "written in words of flame."
In the 20th century, the Ancient One shared the book with his pupil Dr. Strange. When the evil sorcerer Kaluu stole the book, memorized its contents and sent it to its origin point in ancient past, the Ancient One and Dr. Strange travelled to the past to re-capture it in ancient Babylon, again defeating the griffin.
- The Mordo Chronicles
- The Curse of the Darkhold
- The Crytorryk Spell of Invisibility: Invisibility spell (Used by Magik thanks to Dr. Strange's tutelage).
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- 36 Appearances of Book of the Vishanti
- 1 Media Book of the Vishanti was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Book of the Vishanti
- Item Gallery: Book of the Vishanti
- Fan-Art Gallery: Book of the Vishanti
Links and References