The Bifrost Bridge (Also known as "The Rainbow Bridge") is the bridge in Norse mythology that connects Asgard to Earth. It is how Gods and other Asgardian creatures travel between the two worlds.
- No special notes.
- Few humans have seen it.
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe the bridge is first seen in the 2011 film Thor. It is depicted as a gigantic, exotic machine powered by the Odin-Force which transports Asgardians and objects in a similar manner to an Einstein-Rosenbridge. It is able to transport the Asgardians to any of the Nine Realms, and is seen being used to travel to Jotunheim and Earth.Thor ultimately destroys the bridge with Mjolnir when Loki attempts to unleash its full power and destroy Jotunheim, leaving the Asgardians unable to travel to other worlds (although Thor is able to travel to Earth in Marvel's The Avengers due to Odin summoning a great deal of dark magic).
- Appearances of Bifrost Bridge
- Location Gallery: Bifrost Bridge
- Images related to Bifrost Bridge
- Fan Art Gallery: Bifrost Bridge
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Bifrost Bridge
Links and References