- I mean, I can't miss... I'm on a team with super-humans. And one god, in case you've forgotten. Even you... well, you climb walls really well... I gave up a lot for this life. I could have been happy with Mockingbir-- Bobbi. We could have had a good, simple life. But I wanted to play with the big boys. And if I miss, it means I'm just another dude with a bow. It means I've been fooling myself this whole time. And that's why I never miss.
- -- Hawkeye
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- archery students
- archery teacher
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Sidewinder's gas launcher
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Spider-Man arrives in Central Park just after Hawkeye interrupts an archery competition and goes on patrol with him under the orders of Captain America. During their patrol they find three thugs dressed in snake-themed costumes trying to break into Landers Chemical Supply. Hawkeye hits them with electrified arrows, which now means they have to wait until one of them wakes up so that they can interrogate them.
Shortly after, one of them wakes up and they obtain information on a van filled with hazardous material. Spider-Man plans to stop the van in its tracks with a net made of webbing, but Hawkeye instead pops the van's tires with his arrows, causing the van to crash and knock out the driver. Hawkeye inspects the van and finds nothing inside, meaning the van was a decoy.
Later, Spider-Man and Hawkeye wait at Grand Central Station after being told by the van's driver that the Serpent Society is planning on launching a snake gas attack. While Spider-Man is watching the enterance, Hawkeye is practicing his aim on a "No Smoking" sign, which irritates Spider-Man. When he asks him why he can't stop training, Hawkeye admits to having feelings of inferiority for being a human on a team of super-humans and that he can't ever miss.
Suddenly, Spider-Man sees Sidewinder carrying a grenade launcher. To make matters worse, several thugs ambush them. Though Sidewinder is seven hundred yards away, Hawkeye is confident that he can hit him and tells Spider-Man to hold them off for him. But Spider-Man doubts him and goes after Side-Winder. Regardless, Hawkeye is able to take a shot, which flies past Spider-Man and lands at Sidewinder's feet. Distracted by the arrow, Sidewinder is knocked out by Spider-Man. Hawkeye, who did not see the action happening, asks Spider-Man if he got him. Spider-Man sticks the arrow into Sidewinder so that when Hawkeye arrives on the scene he believes that he hit him.
- - Greg Land (Uncanny X-Men) and Hawkeye (Avengers) drop in on the biggest new title of the year!
- Two stars of next summer’s biggest films, together.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avenging Spider-Man Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Images from Avenging Spider-Man Vol 1 4
Links and ReferencesEdit