- Put away your childish weapons! They are no more than toys to me!
Appearing in "Kang, The Conqueror!"Edit
- New York policemen
- US Army personnel
- Ant-Man's Ants
- Unnamed General
- The Under-Secretary from the Defense Department
- President of the United States (Indirect mention, probable unnamed appearance)
- United Nations
- Hulk (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Captain America's Shield
- Kang Armor (First appearance)
- Kang's Anti-Grav ray
- Kang's Anti-matter screen
- Kang's Attractor ray
- Kang's Energizer tank
- Stark/Pym's Power ray
- Kang's Force field
- Neutrino missile
Synopsis for "Kang, The Conqueror!"Edit
Kang the Conqueror comes to rule Earth. The Avengers attack and are beaten and captured, apart from the Wasp. She and Rick Jones form a plan and get onto Kang's ship and free the Avengers. The Avengers battle Kang again and manage to defeat him by destroying his suit which controls all his weapons. Kang is forced to flee back into his time.
- With this issue, the Avengers start printing on a monthly basis.
- In this issue, Captain America's shield is described as being made of "steel". It is later revealed in Captain America #255 to be composed of an indestructible alloy of Adamantium and Vibranium.
- Thor was last seen in Journey Into Mystery #108 battling Loki to save Jane Foster.
- Giant Man and the Wasp in Tales to Astonish #59, where they battled the Hulk. The also made a brief appearance in Journey Into Mystery #108 where they attempted to aid Thor's battle with Loki.
- Iron Man last appeared in Tales of Suspense #57 where he battled Hawkeye. He also made a brief appearance in Journey Into Mystery #108 attempting to aid Thor in his battle against Loki
- Although this is Kang's first appearance under the guise of Kang the Conquerer, as he states in this issue he was formally known as Rama-Tut. A time-traveler from the year 3000, who was originally trapped in ancient Egypt. He battled the Fantastic Four before escaping into the present back in Fantastic Four #19. In Fantastic Four Annual #2, Rama-Tut ran into Dr. Doom and this inspired him to take on his guise as Kang the Conquerer.
- The Teen Brigade last appeared in Avengers #6.
- Following his defeat, Kang would appear again in Avengers #11, although his future counterpart Immortus would battle the Avengers in Avengers #10. Kang is a major nemesis to the Avengers as well as the Marvel Universe. He continues to have numerous appearances in Marvel Comics.
- Thor will appear next in Journey Into Mystery #109.
- Giant Man and Wasp in Tales to Astonish #60, They also make a small appearance in Tales of Suspense #58.
- Iron Man and Captain America would both appear in Tales of Suspense #58.
- This story is Job# X-767.
- This issue is reprinted in Avengers Annual #5 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Written by: Stan Lee (Our Answer to Victor Hugo!)
- Illustrated by: Jack Kirby (Our Answer to Rembrandt!)
- Inked by: Dick Ayers (Our Answer to Automation!)
- Lettered by: Sam Rosen (Our Answer to Artie Simek!)
- references: Fantastic Four #19 and Fantastic Four Annual #2
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 8
- Giant-Size Avengers 2: A brief origin of Kang and Rama-Tut.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|