- Then, the Avenger called Hawkeye is no more! And, since I've had to swear off the growing thing -- looks like there's a new Goliath in our ranks!
- -- Yellowjacket
Appearing in "Like a Death Ray in the Sky!"Edit
- Egghead's robots
Synopsis for "Like a Death Ray in the Sky!"Edit
After testing his new orbital death ray, Egghead makes his demands to the United States. Hearing this over the radio, the Avengers plan their next course of action as Black Widow and Goliath return to the mansion. Suddenly they are visited by Barney Barton, Goliath's brother, who is in charge of various rackets and was once in the employ of Egghead. Telling the Avengers that he knows the coordinates where Egghead's base is and offers to aid the Avengers in destroying it.
When one of Egghead's robots attacks Avengers mansion, the Avengers quickly dispatch it before heading after Egghead, taking Barney Barton with them as well. Taking a specially commissioned rocket to the space station. Boarding it, their invasion is repelled by more of Egghead's robots. Egghead himself effects the battle by manipulating dolls of the Avengers commissioned for him by the Puppet Master.
Unaffected by Egghead's device, Barney sacrifices his life to destroy the machine and stops Egghead, however Egghead manages to escape.
- Hawkeye has been maskless around his teammates for years, and no one bothered to ask him his name?
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 64 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 64
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|