- It's some sort of unearthly inhuman vision--! And that voice... like something from beyond the grave...!
- -- Wasp
Appearing in "Behold... The Vision!"Edit
- Matilda(First appearance)
Synopsis for "Behold... The Vision!"Edit
The Vision enters the Avengers HQ and approaches the Wasp, but he falls and collapses. Goliath rushes in, wondering what happened, and finds the Vision in a crumpled heap on the floor. Meanwhile Hawkeye visits Natasha to find she has decided to become the Black Widow again. He receives a call to return to the mansion. Black Panther foils a robbery, and is also called. While examining the Vision, he bursts back into life and attacks the Avengers again. He calms down and informs the Avengers that he has been sent by Ultron-5 to destroy them. He leads the Avengers back to Ultron's hideout into a trap, but the Vision himself challenges Ultron and wins, saving the Avengers.
- This classic cover has been homaged many times. Most recently it was presented on the cover of Mighty Avengers 14 (July 2008) with a Skrull version of the Vision depicted. The iconic image of the Vision has also been used in marketing, in particular for his 1975 7-11 Slurpee cup.
- Pencils (story pages): Severin page 3, second last panel.
- This is the first appearance of the Silver Age Vision. He is not to be confused with Aarkus, the alien Vision of the Golden Age.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 57 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 57
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|