- If I am to accomplish my purpose -- by destroying Captain America -- I must surpass him in every way!
Appearing in "Color Him... the Red Guardian!"Edit
- Bruiser Bates (First appearance)
- Colonel Ling
- Red Guardian (Alexi Shostakov) (First appearance)
- General Brushov (First appearance)
- Dragon Man
- Ebeneezer Wallaby (First appearance), a lawyer
- Odysseus (Mt)
- FBI (Mt)
- The Hydra (In an illusion or vision)
Synopsis for "Color Him... the Red Guardian!"Edit
Quicksilver shows everyone his new ability to fly and Captain America has to prove himself to Hercules before he will take orders from him. Hawkeye gets information about the Black Widow's whereabouts, and Hercules and himself travel to rescue her. Meanwhile behind the bamboo curtain Colonel Ling shows a general his newest asset: The Red Guardian. He is to be the equal of Captain America in every way but is to stand for communism. Hercules and Hawkeye attack the complex, but Hercules is lured into the Psychotron and Hawkeye captured by the Red Guardian. Red Guardian is revealed to be the Black Widow's husband who she thought was dead. The Avengers leave to rescue Black Widow, Hawkeye and Hercules.
- Letterer "Jerry Mann" is a pseudonym for Jerry Feldman.
- Special Location: Unknown Machine
- Stan Lee Elatedly Edits And Extols A Roy Thomas - John Buscema Powerhouse Piece de Resistance!
- Inked By George Bell
- Lettered By Jerry Mann
- (And, If You Can Think Of A Better Place On This Page To Put Our Cavortin' Credits, Consider Yourself No-Prized!)
- On Page 5, Panel 2, there is a Lord of the Rings references on a fight poster behind Hawkeye, where the combatants are Slammer Sauron and Freddy Frodo.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 43 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 43
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|