- For ages, our people have dwelt in this forbidden land... guarding the secret flame of life within these impassable mountains! But now a spy from the outside world has discovered us! For that... he must die!
Appearing in "Frenzy in a Far-Off Land!"Edit
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Swordsman (Jacques Duquesne)
- Power Man
- Keeper of the Flame (First appearance)
- Hu Chen
- Prince Rey (First appearance)
- Dr. Franz Anton (First appearance)
- Santa (Mention)
- Rock Hudson (Mention)
- New York City
- Unexplored area of South America
- Captain America's Shield
- Cobalt Fire Pit (First appearance)
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Swordsman's Makluan Sword
- Avenger's Rocket Powered Air Car
- Avenger's Scout Ship
Synopsis for "Frenzy in a Far-Off Land!"Edit
Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch take a leave of absence from the Avengers due to their dwindling powers. Goliath also sets off to South America to try and find a cure, hearing his old college professor Dr. Anton is there. Black Widow is ordered to destroy the Avengers again with the help of the Swordsman and Power Man. The Avengers find the Black Widow and co. but Hawkeye wants to go alone, as it is personal to him. Meanwhile, Goliath lands in South America and finds Dr. Anton has been captured by the Keeper of the Flame. He tries to save him, but is overwhelmed then brought to safety by Prince Rey, who leads a rebel force against the Keeper. Hawkeye defeats the Swordsman but is trapped by Power Man. The Black Widow saves him, finding herself unable to harm Hawkeye as she loves him. Captain America and the Wasp leave to help Goliath.
- Captain America was last seen in Tales of Suspense #77.
- Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Goliath, and Wasp were all seen in Avengers #29.
- Black Widow, Power Man, and Swordsman were also seen last issue in Avengers #29.
- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver leave the Avengers briefly starting this issue believing that their powers were tied to their home land. They are next seen in Avengers #31.
- The Keeper of the Flame, Prince Rey, and the people of the "Hidden Land" (Later revealed to be El Dorado) first appear in this issue. They're seen again next in Avengers #31.
- Hawkeye, Captain America, Wasp and Goliath are all seen in next issue, Avengers #31.
- Black Widow is seen again in Avengers #32.
- The Swordsman and Power Man are next seen in Tales of Suspense #88, where they team up to battle Captain America.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action #30 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 2.
- A Fabulous, Far-Out Fantasy, Forcefully Told at Fever-Pitch by:
- Stan Lee-Writer
- Don Heck-Artist
- Frank Giacoia-Inker
- Sam Rosen-Letterer
- and Irving Forbush-Arbitrator
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 30 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 30
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|