- Metamorphosed beyond all imagining, the Leviathan is indeed my wife, Marrina! And with my life or death, I will defend her!
- -- Namor
Appearing in "Shadows of the Future Past!"Edit
- Sheila (reporter)
- Various party-goers
Synopsis for "Shadows of the Future Past!"Edit
Dr. Druid is haunted in his dreams by a strange woman. The Avengers are the guests of honor at a New York City sponsored party. Unfortunately, a strange mutation overwhelms Marrina and transforms her into an leviathan-like sea monster that ravages the east coast in a rampage.
- Kang-Nebula first makes mental contact with Doctor Druid and begins to further his own ambitions.
- First appearance of Kang-Nebula, although it's later revealed in Avengers: Terminatrix Objective #1-4 that Kang-Nebula was really Ravonna/Terminatrix.
- Thor returns to the team.
- Edwin Jarvis returns to the Avengers (Earth-616) staff after recovering from injures sustained in Avengers #274-Avengers #275.
- Marrina's behavior turns erratic and she causes destruction fleeing from the Avengers and first gains the alias "Leviathan," based on the monstrous sea-serpent form she takes on. It's later revealed that she's pregnant.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 291 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 291
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|