Appearing in "Among Us Walks a Goliath!"Edit
- United States of America
- Collector's Medieval Castle
- Persia (Mention)
- Tibet (Mention)
- Beetle Armor MK I
- Captain America's Shield
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Collector's cloak
- A catapult
- Obedience potion
- A gong
- Crystal ball
- Temporal assimilator
- Exploratory ship
- Avenger's rocket-jet
Synopsis for "Among Us Walks a Goliath!"Edit
Henry Pym calls the Avengers, saying the Wasp is missing, and that he is Giant-Man. The Wasp has been captured by the Collector and the Beetle. Giant-Man renames himself Goliath. They enter the Collector's lair and get seperated and captured. Goliath escapes and frees the other Avengers. They rescue the Wasp and force the Collector to escape with the Beetle using a time machine. However, when Goliath tries to shrink down to his normal size he collapses and faints at 10 feet tall.
- Captain America, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye were all last seen in Avengers #27.
- Giant-Man was last seen in Avengers #27.
- Beetle was last seen in Avengers E27.
- The Wasp was last seen in Avengers 26.
- This issue features the first appearance of the Collector.
- Captain America recounts the Wasp's escape from Attuma, this occurred in Avengers #26.
- Giant-Man reveals his secret identity as Henry Pym to the Avengers this issue, he also rejoins the group under a new name: Goliath.
- Hawkeye recounts his first encounter with the Beetle in this issue. This fight happened at the beginning of Avengers #27.
- At the end of this issue Goliath is stuck at a hight of 10 Feet due to the constant strain on his body, he doesn't regain his ability to change size again until Avengers #35.
- Goliath and Wasp rejoin the Avengers in this issue.
- Captain America, Hawkeye, Goliath, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are next seen in Avengers #29
- The Collector is next seen in Avengers #51 where he comes back to collect the Avengers once again.
- The Beetle is next seen in Daredevil #33 where he attempts to steal a necklace from Expo '67. They never really explain how he managed to get free of the Collector though...
- Inker Frank Giacoia again is credited under the pseudeonym "Frankie Ray" this issue.
- Brilliantly Conceived by: Stan Lee, Writer
- Cleverly Perpetrated by: Don Heck, Penciller
- Daringly Executed by: Frankie Ray, Inker
- Stoically Buried by: Artie Simek, Letterer
- references: Avengers #26 and Avengers #27
- In this issue, the Scarlet Witch presents a new costume she designed for Henry Pym. She later gives a new costume to Wonder Man in Avengers #161. She also provides Captain Marvel with a replica costume in Captain Marvel #28.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 28
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|