Appearing in "The Voice of the Wasp!"Edit
- Captain America's Shield
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Beetle Armor MK I (Shadows)
- Sleep Gun
- Subliminal recall-inducer
- Exploration ship
- Tidal expaunder
Synopsis for "The Voice of the Wasp!"Edit
Captain America shows everyone the new system for recieving secret messages, but Hawkeye doesn't pay attention. Meanwhile, on the ocean Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne are doing research and spot the Sub-Mariner heading for New York. The Wasp flies to warn everyone that the Sub-Mariner may pose a threat. On the way she is captured by Attuma. Attuma brags that he has created a 'Wave Machine' that will flood the whole of the world. She manages to send a mayday to the Avengers. The Avengers, go to help the Wasp, without Hawkeye, who isn't present. The Avengers battle Attuma's forces but are ultimately captured. Hawkeye returns to the HQ and tries to check his messages but can't remember how to work it. He decides to use one of Tony Stark's inventions: the "Subliminal Recall-Inducer" to remember. However, as he uses the machine, an unknown villain approaches him silently...
- Captain America was last seen in Tales of Suspense #76 where he fought Batroc the Leaper.
- Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch were all last seen in Tales of Suspense #72.
- Giant-Man and Wasp's appearance in this issue of the Avengers happens during the events of Tales to Astonish #78 where they got caught up in a plot by the Puppet Master to control the Sub-Mariner. The Sub-Mariner attacked their cruise ship before heading to New York.
- Attuma was last seen in Fantastic Four Annual #3. He was one of the many villains manipulated by Dr. Doom to crash the Richards wedding.
- Wasp recounts her last encounter with Attuma back in Tales to Astonish #64, where she battled the Atlantian warlord with the help of Giant-Man.
- Scarlet Witch mentions their battle with Dr. Doom which happened in Avengers #25.
- The villain in the shadows about to attack Hawkeye at the end of this issue is the Beetle,
he was last seen in Fantastic Four Annual #3 as well. We'll see more of him next issue.
- As next issue is a direct continuation of this one, Attuma, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver are all seen next issue in Avengers #27.
- Wasp and Giant-Man aren't seen again until Avengers #28.
- In this issue Wasp's secret identity as Janet Van Dyne is revealed to the Avengers.
- Incredible Script by: Stan Lee
- Inconceivable Art by: Don Heck
- Indescribable Inking by: Frank Ray
- Indelible Lettering by: Artie Simek
- (You Don't Catch Us Breaking Up a Winning Combo!!)
- references: Tales to Astonish #78, Tales to Astonish #64, and Avengers #25
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 26 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 26
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|