- Hey, Avengers? Where's the cake and brass band, huh? Hawkeye's back!'
- -- Hawkeye
Appearing in "Holocaust in New York Harbor!"Edit
- Ultron 's corpse
- Sister Jude
Synopsis for "Holocaust in New York Harbor!"Edit
Hawkeye returns to Avengers Mansion to discover no one is home! Cautiously entering to look around, he leaves the door open. Henry Gyrich chooses that moment to stop by the mansion, and discovering the door open he quickly becomes aggravated.
At the convent, the Avengers stand over the fallen body of Ultron. Jocasta and Captain America disappear, with no explanation. Perplexed, they allow the nuns to escort them out, and return to Avenger Mansion. There they find Hawkeye, and discover that he captured the 'intruder', Gyrich. Freed by Vision, Gyrich angrily denounces their security, and strips them of their Avenger's privileges.
Shortly after Gyrich leaves, Crystal calls to tell them that Pietro has vanished! Then in comes Jarvis, back from his jog, to tell the Avengers that the harbor is under attack by Tyrak. Iron Man divides the Avengers into task forces - sending Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Hawkeye, and Ms. Marvel to the harbor, Janet and Henry to the phones to call in any and all former Avengers they can get a hold of, and Thor and Beast to be a back-up team. He heads to the lab to work on the disappearances.
Arriving in the harbor, the Avengers find Tyrak assaulting a ship. Wanda and Hawkeye get deposited on a Coast Guard Cutter . The heroes beat Tyrak when Vision uses his solar beams to dehydrate him, but without their Avengers priority to let them run a Quinjet to pick up their defeated foe, they have nothing to do with him and wind up throwing him back into the ocean. Ms. Marvel leaves, and as the Avengers start walking home, Vision suddenly disappears.
Back at Avengers Mansion, Henry and Janet have managed to contact Black Panther, Hercules, Whizzer, and Captain Marvel. However, Beast has taken a Quinjet!, and Thor is out in Jamaica Bay fighting the Living Monolith.  Meanwhile in the shadows, we see a cameo of the villain who has kidnapped several Avengers already.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Wohl pages 2-17.
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Gerald Speviel, Tim Lukeman, William Nutt, Michale Glover, Ken Rhodes, and Carl Faby.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story# C-798.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Beast appears in this issue, then gets a phone call from Lorna Dane in Marvel Team-Up #69, and leaves to rescue the X-Men in Uncanny X-Men #111. He would remain with the team through Uncanny X-Men #114, returning to the Avengers with issue #178.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 172 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 172
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ The comic tells you Quicksilver's disappearance happened in Avengers 171, but it actually happened in Avengers 170! (Bullpen was napping!)
- ↑ While depositing Wanda, Wonder Man comments on Ms. Marvel's aggressive behavior with the approving comment "...like a man would!". Its chauvinism at its finest... sigh.
- ↑ see Marvel Team-Up 69 and Uncanny X-Men 111
- ↑ see Marvel Team-Up 70
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's: Avengers: The Korvac Saga #1
|Like this? Let us know!|