Appearing in "The Bride of Ultron!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Bride of Ultron!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Thor arrives at Avengers Mansion to see Captain America, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and the Beast -- seemingly slain -- being put into ambulances. Entering the Mansion he finds Iron Man, the Black Panther and Wonder Man, who explain to the Thunder God of Ultron's attack and apparent murdering of their comrades.
Elsewhere in the city, Ant-Man revives, and still not remembering anything after the first formation of the Avengers, is tricked by Ultron into thinking the Avengers he battled were impostors who put the Wasp near death, and the only way to save her is to transfer her mind into a robotic body. Unknown to Ant-Man he would, in reality, only be transferring the Wasp's life force into the robot body effectively killing Jan in order to give life to the robot.
While out west, Hawkeye leaves Two-Gun Kid to take message after a poker game. When the Avengers attempt to call him and Hawkeye into action by telephone, Two-Gun -- unaware of what a telephone really is -- shoots the device to bits to end it's "annoying ringing".
With no other options, the Avengers begin trying to find trace of the Wasp and Ant-Man, and send Black Panther and Iron Man out to try and find them to no avail. As Jan's life flows into the robot, she calls out to Hank to save her, however Ant-Man cannot hear her over the machinery. Ultron almost blows his cover when he nearly loses his temper at Ant-Man for ordering him around.
The Avengers eventually learn the location of Ultron, at a Stark International plant, when a group of ants would appear and spell it out of for them. Rushing to the location, the remaining Avengers track down Ultron and attack him out front. After they take down Ant-Man they realize that the only way to stop the device that is killing the Wasp is with a complex control code. Knowing that only Ultron has the code, Iron Man threatens to destroy his mechanical bride and Ultron is forced to surrender the code. The Avengers manage to stop the process before it's too late, however not without allowing Ultron to escape.
To make matters worse, Ant-Man still is in his delusional state. When the Avengers thank Jan for calling the ants to tell them of her location, she tells them that Ultron removed her collar that allows her to contact ants, leaving the Avengers to wonder if Ultron's robot bride may have called out for help on Jan's behalf.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Wohl pages 2-17.
- Wonder Man's costume, just given to him in last issue is destroyed. He will go without a costume for years donning a safari jacket and his trademark sun glasses.
- Wonder Man also becomes fixated on the concept of dying when this possibility is mentioned this issue by Thor. For months, he will become tentative in battle until he conquers this phobia in Avengers #177.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Ann Nicols and Rouge C. Farmer.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 162 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 162
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|