- You can rest easier now Bucky,--wherever you may be! Your death--has been --avenged!
Appearing in "Now, By My Hand, Shall Die a Villain!"Edit
- The Masters of Evil
- Franz Gruber, Baron Zemo's pilot
Synopsis for "Now, By My Hand, Shall Die a Villain!"Edit
Zemo decides again to attack the Avengers, and so his agents kidnap Rick Jones. Zemo also contacts the Executioner and the Enchantress and they set free the Black Knight and the Melter.
The four villains attack the Avengers while Captain America sets off to the Amazon to rescue Rick. The Avengers and villains in New York fight to a stand still. In the Amazon, Captain America rescues Rick but is then ambushed by Zemo. Captain America is too skilled however, and Zemo accidentally triggers an avalanche which lands on and kills him.
- Giant-Man issues the astiring cry, "Avengers Assemble" in this issue.
- Inker Mike Esposito uses the pseudonym "Mickey Demeo" this issue.
- Thor is last seen in Journey Into Mystery #114 where he battled the Absorbing Man.
- Iron Man and Captain America were last seen in Tales of Suspense #63, where Iron Man battled the Phantom and Captain America retold his origins.
- Giant Man and Wasp were last seen in Tales to Astonish #65 where Giant Man got the new costume shown in this issue of Avengers.
- Baron Zemo was last seen in Tales of Suspense #60, where he battled against Captain America with his Army of Assassins. This issue marks Baron Zemo's death, he is succeeded by his son Helmut Zemo who makes his first appearance in Captain America #168. Helmut is shown having assumed the mantle of Zemo in Captain America #274.
- Enchantress and the Executioner were both last seen in Avengers #10 when they encountered Immortus.
- The Melter last seen in Avengers #6 during the first formation of the Masters of Evil. He was captured after that battle.
- The Black Knight was last seen in Tales of Suspense #59 where he briefly escaped prison and battled Iron Man before being captured and imprisoned once again.
- The plot of the letter that Captain America writes and mails to Nick Fury does not get addressed again until Avengers #19.
- Iron Man next appears (chronologically) in Avengers #16.
- Cap next appears (chronologically) in Avengers #16.
- Giant Man and Wasp next appear (chronologically) in Avengers #16.
- Thor appears next (chronologically) in Avengers #16, as Journey Into Mystery #115 is a continuation of Thor's battle against Absorbing Man from Journey Into Mystery #114.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action 9 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Special Location: Giant-Man's Hand
- Proudly Produced by the Most Heralded Names of Comicdom:
- Script: Stan Lee
- Layouts: Jack Kirby
- Pencilling: Don Heck
- Inking: Mickey Demeo
- Lettering: Artie Simek
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 15
Links and ReferencesEdit