- Avengers Assemble!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Even an Avenger Can Die!"Edit
- Kallusians (First appearance)
- Ogor(First appearance)
- Unidentified alien species (enemy of the Kallusians)
- Solar System
- Asgard (Mention)
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Captain America's Shield
- Geiger-counter missile
- Kallusians' ice-guns
- Kallusian matter displacer
Synopsis for "Even an Avenger Can Die!"Edit
The Avengers rush the dying Wasp to the emergency room but there is nothing any of the doctors can do for the Wasp. The only man who may be able to save her is a Dr. Svenson. Thor finds him as quickly as he can only to find out he is an alien impostor. The alien dies when exposed to the atmosphere of Earth because its mask was removed. Giant-Man uses his ants to search all over the world but to no avail, so he concludes that wherever he is there are no ants. This leaves the north and south poles. Heading to the north pole they find an alien base, where Dr. Svenson is being held. The aliens are found to be Kallusians, and they are hiding from other aliens who will destroy them. They are soon discovered and have to flee. Dr. Svenson is brought back to America and operates successfully on the Wasp. No one knows whether the Kallusians survived or not.
- This issue credits Paul Laiken as a writer. The letters page reveals that this name is a pseudonym for Larry Ivie.
- Iron Man, Thor, Giant Man, Wasp, Rick Jones, and Captain America were all last seen in Avengers #13.
- The Wasp was fatally injured by one of Count Nefaria's henchmen last issue.
- The Teen Brigade were last seen in Avengers #13.
- This is the first appearance of the Kallusians and the alien race that drove them from their planet. Their fate following their appearance in Avengers #14 remains to be revealed, however there is an entry for them in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #15.
- There is a cameo appearance of Uatu the Watcher, he was last seen in Fantastic Four #20. where he aided the Fantastic Four against the Molecule Man. He'll next appear in Strange Tales #134 where he aids the Human Torch and the Thing against Kang the Conqueror.
- Iron Man is next seen in Tales of Suspense #63 where he battles the Phantom.
- Also in Tales of Suspense #63, Captain America's origin is re-told.
- Giant-Man and Wasp appear in Tales to Astonish #65, where Giant Man gets a new costume.
- Thor is next seen in Journey into Mystery #114 where he battles the Absorbing Man.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action 8 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Giant Man (Hank Pym) kills a Kallusian in this issue by removing his mask, which supplied the alien with the special type of oxygen he needed to survive.
- Never in comics magazine history has there been a collaboration to equal this one! Only the mighty Marvel Bullpen would dare attempt it! And now, for better or worse, here are the names of the talented team who produced this epic...
- Plot and Editing by: Stan Lee
- Script by: Paul Laiken and Larry Lieber
- Layouts by: Jack Kirby
- Pencils by: Don Heck
- Inking by: Chic Stone
- Lettering by: S. Rosen
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 14
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|