- You will follow us to the police..in the name of.. The Avengers!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Trapped in...'The Castle of Count Nefaria!'"Edit
- Teen Brigade
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Fantastic Four
- Capitol Building
- Avengers Emergency Headquarters
- New Jersey
- Sicily (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Trapped in...'The Castle of Count Nefaria!'"Edit
The Avengers prevent the Maggia from commiting another crime. Count Nefaria decides he needs to put the Avengers out of action. As no one knows he is the leader of the Maggia, he holds a party in his castle and invites the Avengers. While they sleep after the party Nefaria makes copies of each of the Avengers who he commands to declare war on the United States. When the real Avengers leave the party they are attacked by the Army. They discover what has happened and pursue and battle Nefaria, getting evidence from him that proves their innocence. However, in the battle, the Wasp is critically injured.
- Thor was last seen in Journey Into Mystery #113, where he attempts to reveal his identity as Don Blake to Jane Foster and battles the Grey Gargoyle.
- Iron Man was last Seen battling the Mandarin (again) in Tales of Suspense #62.
- Captain America was last seen also in Tales of Suspense #62, preventing a jail break.
- Giant Man and Wasp were last seen in Tales to Astonish #64 where they battle Attuma.
- This is the first appearance of Count Nefaria and the Maggia.
- The Teen Brigade returns after being last seen in Avengers #10.
- The Fantastic Four make a brief cameo in this issue. This appearance possibly takes place between their battle against Gregory Gideon in Fantastic Four #34 and their battle against the Dragon Man in Fantastic Four #35.
- All the members of the Avengers are seen (chronologically) in Avengers #14.
- Count Nefaria is next seen in Tales of Suspense #67 under the guise of the "Dream Maker" where he uses a device to haunt Iron Man's dreams.
- This issue is reprinted in Marvel Triple Action #7 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Rather Exceptional Story by: Stan Lee
- Somewhat Distinctive Art by: Don Heck
- Fairly Compelling Inking by: Dick Ayers
- Moderately Clear Lettering by: Artie Simek
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Images from Avengers Vol 1 13
Links and ReferencesEdit