- Oh my god. Cap's back.
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "Old Soldiers, New Wars"Edit
Synopsis for "Old Soldiers, New Wars"Edit
Bucky keeps a war journal chronicling the adventures of his teammates the Invaders. The Invaders go to Monte Cassino in Italy in order to retrieve the Ordnung Zeitgeist before Hitler's forces can lay claim to it. They encounter a group of Nazi soldiers and begin fighting. U.S. forces arrive to give them back-up. During the firefight, Union Jack is injured. Suddenly, a strange green mist envelops the Invaders.
Manhattan, the Present: The Thunderbolts have been assigned to bring in the unregistered super-human Spider-Man. They engage Spidey in combat, but Spider-Man manages to evade each of their attacks. A green mist rises up from below and begins floating across the city. Spider-Man is not sure what is going on, but snidely asks if somebody pulled Radioactive Man's finger. Suddenly, the Invaders appear in the middle of Times Square. They are startled by their surroundings and have no idea where (or when) they are. Spider-Man sees them and is shocked to see Captain America, apparently alive and well. The Invaders suspect that this is some kind of Nazi trick and attack the Thunderbolts. During the fray, Spider-Man escapes and hijacks the Thunderjet.
News of the incident quickly reaches the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Maria Hill briefs S.H.I.E.L.D. director Tony Stark. Tony stands somberly before his computer display terminal and mutters a single word, "Steve".
- First in a twelve-issue limited series.
- This issue shipped in the United States on May 7th, 2008.
- Also shipped with a variant cover illustrated by David Finch, as well as an Alex Ross sketch variant of the standard cover.
- Published in concert with Dynamite Entertainment.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers / Invaders Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers / Invaders series
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|