Appearing in "Green Zone" (Part 1)Edit
- Mighty Avengers
- Shadow Initiative (First appearance)
- New Avengers
- Senator Woodman (Unnamed)
- "MVP" (Michael van Patrick) (First appearance)
- Brian van Patrick
- Illuminati (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- New Warriors (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Mentioned)
- Namorita ("Nita") (Mentioned)
- Night Trasher (Dwayne Taylor) (Mentioned)
- Caiera the Oldstrong (Mentioned)
- Ant-Man (Mentioned)
- New York State
- S.P.I.N. Tech dart/Project: Achilles (Adamantium-tipped)
- A1 (Hulk)
- A2 to A10
- War Machine Armor
- Extremis Armor
- Iron Spider Armor
- Hulkbuster Armor
- Gauntlet's gauntlet
Synopsis for "Green Zone" (Part 1)Edit
Hardball, using powers unknown to his team, steals a S.P.I.N. Tech dart for a mysterious man. His bunkmate, Rage, seems aware of his absence and suspicious. Hardball returns to his bunk just in tame to train with the rest of the trainees under the Gauntlet. Meanwhile, Justice and Cloud 9 visit the home of MVP's parents, only to find MVP there himself. Before they can extract an explanation for the presence of their supposedly dead comrade, they are called back to deal with the Hulk crisis. Later, in preparation for Hulk's attack, War Machine delivers a case of S.P.I.N. Tech darts to Iron Man. He expresses his displeasure at being kept ignorant of the Hulk's exile. Triathlon leads a squad of Thor Girl, Ultra Girl, Slapstick, Cloud 9, Rage and Hardball who are to maintain order in the city. After stopping some looters, Hardball, Rage, Komodo and Slapstick they see news reports of the Hulk fighting Iron Man. Hardball watches Iron Man attempt to disable the Hulk with the S.P.I.N. Tech dart that he swapped for a fake. Rage convinces most of the trainees to disobey orders and confront the hulk. Only Triathlon and Komodo refuse and remain behind as ordered. Once Henry Gyrich is informed, he assigns the Shadow Initiative to their first mission. Meanwhile, Thor Girl, Cloud 9, Ultra Girl, Hardball, Slapstick and Rage arrive at the scene of the battle with the Warbound, only to see the New Avengers unconscious and defeated...
- It's revealed in this issue that the reason Iron Man's nanite weapon didn't work in World War Hulk #1 is because Hardball had replaced that vial with a fake.
- Revealed that Iron Man contacted Dr. Strange to get the help of many of the unregistered heroes.
- While released after World War Hulk #1, the Hulkbuster (World War Hulk) armor is seen here before being deployed against Hulk.
- When the Hulk and his Warbound invade America, the Superhuman Armed Forces answer the call! Our young recruits have seen plenty of action, but will it prepare them for ALL-OUT WAR?! In this time of crisis, will SHE-HULK be able to take IRON MAN'S orders? And what is HARDBALL hiding from everyone? Believe it or not, it's a secret that could turn the tide of the entire WAR!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers: The Initiative Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers: The Initiative series
- Images from Avengers: The Initiative Vol 1 4
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|