A biochemist working for the Nazi deep science division, Hydra, Arnim Zola was a man of many designs. However, unlike his fellow scientist Erskine, Zola's designs both ignored morality and were often impractical or impossible to design. This all changed when his boss, Johann Schmidt, recovered the treasure of Odin's trophy room- the Tesseract. While they didn't understand the real properties of the Cube, Zola's experiments on it allowed its use as a power source to create all of his designs.
With Arnim's suits, weapons, vehicles and equipment Hydra became more powerful then ever, and they quickly abandoned the Nazi cause, using a Cosmic Cube powered turret to destroy the Nazi officers sent to check on them. The super-soldier Captain America arrived at their base to rescue the American soldiers they were using as menial labor there. While Cap rescued the prisoners and fought the guards, Red Skull took off in a single man rocket, but not before giving Arnim Zola the keys to his tricked out car, mercifully allowing his top scientist to escape the self-destructing factory.
Captain America also began attacking Hydra bases fighting off Hydra troops powered by the machines of Zola such as Iron Cross and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Cap and his Howling Commandos progressively managed to destroy most major Hydra operations, preventing Zola any real ability to work on his scientific projects. Eventually he had to be moved via train car, which Captain America and his side-kick Bucky attempted to invade. In the ensuing battle, Bucky was killed and Cap was rendered mostly useless by Cosmic Cube-powered armored soldiers, though Zola was captured by Allied forces, and interrogated to the nature of Hydra's plans and locations. His final fate is unknown, but he was still under Allied captivity when Captain America crashed into the ocean during his final mission.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Toby Jones portrays Dr. Zola in Captain America: The First Avenger. Jones is set to reprise his role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- At one point in the movie Zola is testing some kind of camera which resembles his the body of his Earth-616 counterpart. Later in the movie, blue-prints for this body can be seen.
- 5 Appearances of Arnim Zola (Earth-199999)
- 2 Images featuring Arnim Zola (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Arnim Zola (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Arnim Zola (Earth-199999)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Arnim Zola (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|