|Real Name||America Chavez|
|Current Alias||Miss America|
|Aliases||América Chávez, USA,|
Ms. America, Ms. A, Li'l Chica,
|Relatives||Mrs. Chavez (Red) (mother, deceased), Mrs. Chavez (Blue) (mother, deceased)|
formerly Teen Brigade
|Base Of Operations||New York City, New York (Earth-616); formerly New York City, New York (Earth-212); mobile in the Multiverse; Utopian Parallel, Earth-TRN366|
|Origin||Powered from the Demiurge in the Utopian Parallel|
|Place of Birth||Utopian Parallel, Earth-TRN366|
|Creators||Joe Casey, Nick Dragotta|
America Chavez was raised by her mothers in the Utopian Parallel, a dimension out of time and in the presence of the Demiurge. She appears to have inherited some or all of her superpowers from them. When America was approximately six-years-old, the Utopian Parallel was threatened by destruction. America's mothers heroically sacrificed themselves to seal the black holes pulling Utopia into the common Multiverse resulting in their particles being smeared across the Multiverse itself. Wanting to prove herself as a hero and knowing Utopia didn't require salvation, America ran away from her home and her responsibilities. She travelled across different dimensions, eventually adopted the moniker of Miss America, and began covertly acting as a superhero.
With the Teen Brigade, she freed the In-Betweener from government confinement center, Groom Lake Adjacent in Nevada. With information from the In-Between, the Teen Brigade set out to prevent the Young Masters of Evil from disrupting the balance between Chaos and Order. To stop the Young Masters from recruiting Kid Loki, Miss America broke into the Met, but Loki used the Screaming Idol to send her to the Sixth Dimension. There she fought Tiboro, and was later rescued by the Last Defenders, She-Hulk and Hellstrom, under the direction of the In-Betweener. She rejoined her teammates in Latveria where they fought the Braak'nhüd, Young Masters and Doctor Doom. The battle was ended when Ultimate Nullifier shot the In-Betweener. While the smoke cleared, the Teen Brigade covertly departed.
Miss America parted ways with the Teen Brigade due to "musical differences", and eventually travelled to Earth-212. She was later approached by the teenage trickster god, Loki. He attempted to persuade Miss America into killing Wiccan for the good of the Multiverse. Disgusted with the proposition, Miss America fought Loki and decided to secretly protect Wiccan.
Miss America later rescued Hulkling, Wiccan, and Loki from Mother's Laufey, retreated with them to MJ's, escaped with them aboard Marvel Boy's ship, and aided them in the final face-off with Mother's forces in Central Park.
After fending off Mother's forces, she escapes along with the other Young Avengers and soon learn they have to stay away from mother and their own parents to avoid her powers.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Miss America received her powers from her mothers and her proximity to the Demiurge. Though the full extent of her powers have not been defined, she has demonstrated abilities including:
- Self-Propelled Flight: Miss America has the ability of self-propelled flight with varying degrees of speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Miss America has demonstrated incredible strength. She appears to easily tear large metal doors of their hinges, and nearly bested the Asgardian god Loki in a fight. Loki has commented that she could "throw tanks to the moon", though this is likely an exaggeration.
- Invulnerability: Miss America is bullet-proof, flame retardant, and has superhuman durability. Loki has even referred to her as "a nearly indestructible superwoman".
- Interdimensional Travel: Miss America can create portals to travel between realities.
- In-Betweener Facsmile (formerly): Miss America was briefly imbued with the energy signature and aesthetic appearance of the In-Betweener to act as decoy and lure off Braak'nhüd while the In-Betweener, Ultimate Nullifier, Angel, and Bohusk explored the In-Betweener's mind and the threat to the Multiverse.
- America Chavez is bilingual, speaking both fluent English and Spanish.
- Loki's list of Young Avengers characters in Marvel NOW! Point One #1 describes Miss America as "One mysterious interdimensional superhero with mysterious background and mysterious anger issues."
- Loki seemed to taunt Miss America with the idea of unmet potential, possibly hinting to her mysterious past.
- During the Vengeance series, Miss America uses the text message handle "USA", while Angel Salvadore used "MsA", creating some confusion among fans.
- America has mentioned she's not really a fan of "Earth-Earth".
- Based on Angel Salvadore's comments, Miss America is not yet sixteen years old during the events of Vengeance #1.
- According to co-creator Joe Casey, America doesn't wear underwear.
- America Chavez shares the moniker of Miss America with the World War II superheroine Madeline Joyce. There appears to be no connection or relation between the two, and writer Kieron Gillen has commented that he "half thinks [America] doesn’t even know that anyone else used the name".
- Among fans, America is often referred to as "MAC", the initials of Miss America Chavez.
- 20 Appearances of America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
- Media America Chavez (Earth-TRN366) was Mentioned in
- 82 Images featuring America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
- 3 Quotations by or about America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
- Character Gallery: America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
- Fan-Art Gallery: America Chavez (Earth-TRN366)
- America Chavez (Earth-TRN366) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Vengeance #2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Vengeance #5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Vengeance #4
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #14
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Vengeance #1
- ↑ Vengeance #2- #3
- ↑ Vengeance #6
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #10
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #15
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Marvel NOW! Point One #1
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Young Avengers Vol 2 #1
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #1- #5
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Vengeance #5- #6
- ↑ Young Avengers Vol 2 #7
- ↑ Vengeance #3
- ↑ Vengeance #4- #6
- ↑ Meet The Team: Miss America
- ↑ When Words Collide: Joe Casey's "Vengeance," Part 1
- ↑ Meet The Team: Miss America
|Like this? Let us know!|