- NO! I mustn't tell him! No one can ever know. The cure worked. My brain--my mind's been restored. And I know why I'm here... For the choices I've made. For Martha. For Billy. My name is Curt Connors. And this is my prison. My penance. My hell. And I deserve it.
- -- Curt Connors
Appearing in "No Turning Back Part 4: Human Error"Edit
- Horizon Labs
- Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)
- Billy Connors (In an illusion or vision)
- Martha Connors (In an illusion or vision)
- Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) (Cameo)
- Spider-Slayer (Alistaire Smythe) (Cameo)
- Devil Spider (Roderick Kingsley) (First appearance as Devil Spider)
- Hobgobin (Daniel Kingsley) (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "No Turning Back Part 4: Human Error"Edit
Spider-Man, Sanjani and the other Horizon scientists find themselves surrounded by the mutated human lizards. Spider-Man is surprised that the lizards are not attacking, and Sanjani explains that humans and lizards are not natural enemies. Hearing gunshots, Spider-Man moves into the next room, finding Carlie safe and sound, the lizards harmless.
Suddenly, Spider-Man finds Connors at the med lab supplies room. Injecting himself with his new formula, Connors begins transforming into the Lizard. as he doesn't want to be locked up again. Spider-Man tries to get Connors outside the building; otherwise he will be gain full control of the human lizards once he completes his transformation. He asks Carlie to find a way to return the mutated lizards to normal. Carlie takes Connors' syringe.
Spider-Man slams Connors against the reinforced wall, making a dent large enough for both of them. As he reseals the wall, Connors fully transforms into the Lizard and attacks Spider-Man.
Carlie gives the scientists Connors' syringe, which still contains a sample of his formula. Sanjani tries to reverse engineer a cure, while Uatu thinks they can use the cure and hypoons he developed.
As Spider-Man and Lizard fight, Lizard is angry that he will never be able to experience human feelings again. And now, his hatred towards Spider-Man is greater than ever. Fortunately, Uatu gives Spider-Man a new hypoon, containing a sonic agitator and the cure. However, the only place Spider-Man can inject it is the Lizard's brain. However, Spider-Man is unsure the cure could work. It might even kill him.
Then, the Lizard begins seeing all the women and children present as his wife Martha and son Billy. He also sees Spider-Man as Curt Connors, the last remnant of his humanity. The Lizard is briefly paralyzed and Spider-Man injects him with the cure.
Although the cure incapacites Lizard, it does not restore him to human form. Spider-Man webbes him up and S.H.I.E.L.D. takes him to the Raft.
Later, Spider-Man visits the Raft and finds Morbius, who asks if Sanjani is okay. However, Spider-Man does not answer. Spider-Man watches the Lizard, who is locked up in a special cell. As Spider-Man leaves, the Lizard reveals that the cure restored Connors' mind. However, he decides not to tell Spider-Man, feeling he deserves to be in prison for all the pain he has caused.
At Horizon, Modell, Bella and Grady are back to normal. The Horizon team ponders on Peter's absence while Modell also states that Tiberius Stone is missing. Modell asks Hector Baez to conduct a private investigation. Someone has ransacked his office. Although Baez believes it could have been one of the mutated lizards, Modell replies that something valuable was stolen and they need to find out who took it.
Meanwhile at Shadowland, Tiberius finishes his construction of the new spider jammers. The Kingpin decides to install several models across Shadowland and all his locations across the city. However, the Hobgoblin is not pleased that Tiberius is gaining the Kingpin's favor.
All this is watched by Julia Carpenter, who then has a vision of another being connected to the web of life.
In Delvadia, a man known as Devil Spider kills a group of drug smugglers. Suddenly, one of Devil Spider's henchmen tells him that the Hobgoblin is active on New York. Devil Spider says that the timing is not right, but the henchman says that the new Hobgoblin is not his brother, Daniel Kingsley, who has been dead for some time. Devil Spider unmasks himself, he is Roderick Kinglsey, and he will take vengeance on the new Hobgoblin.
- No special notes.
- • “No Turning Back” comes to an epic conclusion as only one man on Earth has a chance of helping Spider-Man stop the Lizard. And his name is Curt Connors.
• Plus a shocking development that will set things in motion... for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700!
• Be sure to pick this issue up fast, because you can bet it’s going to be VERY important later. You’ve been warned!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 691 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 691
Links and ReferencesEdit