- Boy! No wonder you covered your head the way you did! I don't know who you are, but one thing's for sure--a beauty contest winner you ain't!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "Rhino on the Rampage!"Edit
- Aunt May
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Gwen Stacy
- Flash Thompson
- Mary Jane Watson
- Rhino (Origin revealed)
- Igor & Georgi (creators of the Rhino) (First appearance)
- Anna May Watson
- John Jameson
- Dr. Curt Connors
- Harry Osborn
- Matt Murdock (Cameo)
- Foggy Nelson (Cameo)
- Karen Page (Cameo)
- United States Of America
- Peter Parker's Motorcycle
Synopsis for "Rhino on the Rampage!"Edit
The Rhino’s tranquilizer wears off and he begins another escape from jail seeking out Spider-Man. At the Daily Bugle, Ned Leeds and Betty Brant announce their engagement, but the scene changes to Peter Parker being enamored by Mary Jane at home. A TV bulletin interrupts and announces The Rhino’s escape. Peter realizes Spider-Man must confront him and Mary Jane suggests they go downtown to watch the action. As The Rhino stomps around looking for Spider-Man, he has a flashback of how it all began. Chosen for his muscle and low intelligence, two scientists working for professional spies applied a special rhinoceros suit that bonded with his skin. After the application, The Rhino mysteriously gained intelligence and turned on his creators, going into business on his own. As Peter and Mary Jane reach downtown, Peter slips away to become Spider-Man and confronts The Rhino. As they battle, The Rhino leads him to where innocent bystanders and police are watching. The Rhino’s charge connects with Spider-Man and leaves him woozy and he comes back to finish him. A police officer makes a last second grab for Spider-Man and saves him. The Rhino thinks that Spider-Man is dead and hunts for John Jameson. While cashing in on his photos of the battle, Peter hears about John Jameson being moved to another hospital and thinks The Rhino may attack again. Having picked up a bit of The Rhino’s hide from the earlier fight, Spider-Man brings it to Dr. Curt Connors for analysis. Spider-Man meets The Rhino at the hospital and hits him with reformulated webbing which burns through the rhino hide and is captured. Peter heads home and learns that Flash Thompson has been drafted for the war and that Aunt May is ill, since she hadn’t refilled her medication, due to the cost.
- This issue is reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man (Fireside).
- We'll skip the explanations this ish! No mere words of ours could possibly do justice to this action-packed thriller, produced by:
- Stan (The Man) Lee, Writer
- John (Ring-A-Ding) Romita, Artist
- Artie (Stout-Hearted) Simek, Letterer
- Now, fasten your seat belts! We're off--!
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #41
- Page 11, Panel 1 bests fits the image on the cover
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 43 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 43
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|