- How did someone like me ever have a sniveling weakling of a son like you?!!
Appearing in "Spidey Saves the Day!" Featuring: The End of the Green Goblin!Edit
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) (Origin revealed) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Harry Osborn
- Anna Watson
- Dr. Bromwell
- Enforcers (Only in flashback)
- Mendel Stromm (Only in flashback)
- Human Torch (Only in flashback)
- Lucky Lobo (Only in flashback)
- Crime Master (Only in flashback)
- Ned Leeds
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Spidey Saves the Day!" Featuring: The End of the Green Goblin!Edit
Pete is trapped by Norman Osborn who’s revealed himself to be the Green Goblin. Pete stalls him, mentioning Harry and playing with his emotions to get him to talk. Norman tells how he worked constantly to provide and always paid more attention to work than to his son. He reveals how Professor Stromm only borrowed money from a shared account, but Norman called the police reporting it as theft, leaving the company in his hands. Norman continues, saying Stromm had left formulas behind, and he decided to research them. As he was working on one, it exploded and hospitalized him. This transformation changed him and he planned to use his company’s resources to become a super-criminal. At home, Aunt May is worried sick over Pete not calling her and Anna Watson calls in Dr. Bromwell. Meanwhile, Betty Brant is in a train station realizing she must return to New York and face everyone but unsure how. Pete is still working on the steel bonds and the Goblin recounts when Spider-Man has fought him and skews them as victories. He finishes his story and frees Pete to fight him on even terms. As they fight, the Goblin pulls out stun bombs, an electrical whip, and finally a Goblin Cannon. As Spider-Man delivers a kick, the Goblin goes into a mixture of live wires and chemicals and a fire starts. Spider-Man rushes over not wanting to kill him, but Norman doesn’t know where he is or why he’s in costume. Not wanting to destroy his reputation or Harry’s feelings, he’s quickly changed out of his costume for the police to take him to a hospital. Pete rushes home and Dr. Bromwell has just sedated Aunt May. Aunt May begins to take care of Pete’s “fever” and Harry visits his dad in the hospital.
- This issue is reprinted in Bring on the Bad Guys & Marvel Masterworks #16.
- Conceived in fantasy, and dedicated to the proposition that all Marvelites are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of comic book quality! So say we all!
- Stan Lee
- John Romita
- Mickey Demeo
- Sam Rosen
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #39, Amazing Spider-Man #37, Amazing Spider-Man #14, Amazing Spider-Man #17, Amazing Spider-Man #23, and Amazing Spider-Man #27
- Page 14, Panel 2 bests fits the image on the cover
- Mike Esposito is credited as Mickey Demeo
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 40 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 40
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man # 39; he appears next in Amazing Spider-Man # 47.
- Betty Brant appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man # 34, she appears next in Amazing Spider-Man # 41.
- Dr Bromwell appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man # 39, he is next mentioned in Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 3.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Information and Review on Amazing Spider-Man #40 at www.samruby.com
- Review and detailed plot summary at www.spiderfan.org
|Like this? Let us know!|