Appearing in "Gang War, Part I: ... And Who Will Stand Against Them...?"Edit
- Ben Urich
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Betty Leeds
- Aunt May
- Robbie Robertson
- Ned Leeds
- Mary Jane Watson
- Flash Thompson
- Lance Bannon
- Kathryn Cushing
- Captain Keating
- Arthur Chekov
- Mr. Johnston
- Mr. Varley
- Daredevil (In a photograph only)
- Kingpin (Only in flashback)
- New York City
- Westchester County
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- The Black Costume (Not the Symbiote)
Synopsis for "Gang War, Part I: ... And Who Will Stand Against Them...?"Edit
A photographer takes shots from the warehouse rafters as a melee takes place between smugglers, the Blue Boys, Spider-Man, and Hobgoblin. Later, Peter walks in on a midnight Bugle session discussing a new gang war; criminal leaders all vying for the disappeared Kingpin's position. Peter tries to sell photos of the warehouse fight but finds Lance Bannon has scooped him. An irrational Ned Leeds grabs Betty's wrist, setting off Peters spider-sense. The Arranger, representing the Kingpin's interests, hires Jack O'Lantern to destroy Silvermane's robot body, taking him out of the action. Keating and his police arrest the Rose's assistants Johnston and Varley as they collect protection money. Soon after, Spider-Man spies Keating meeting with Roderick Kingsley, then runs into a gang battle. Deciding he doesn't care, Spider-Man leaves. Meanwhile, a bomb, planted by the Arranger's men, goes off beneath Hammerhead's restaurant table. Just after, Richard Fisk visits the Arranger. Hearing of the bombing, Spider-Man gets involved again. Betty comes home to find Flash hiding out there. From a rooftop, the Punisher guns down the Hobgoblin.
- Plot by DeFalco, script by Owsley.
- Frenz credited with "storytelling", i.e. layouts, Breeding with pencils.
- This issue features a letters page, The Spider's Web. Letters are published from Dave Kinder, Pat Finnerty, Eric Small, D.R. Smith, Paul Swaida, Paul W. Greer, Elio DiPaolantonio, and Jeff Fritts.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 284 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 284
- Kathryn Cushing appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man # 283
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|