- Well, wobble my webs and call me shaky! It's Goldilocks -- the hippest hammer in the west!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "...To Become an Avenger!"Edit
- The Avengers
- Aunt May
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Mr. Wilson(First appearance), the drug store owner
- New York City
- Peter Parker's Motorcycle
Synopsis for "...To Become an Avenger!"Edit
The Avengers have assembled and are trying to determine whether or not to invite Spider-Man into their esteemed ranks. After much debate and confusion, they decide to invite Daredevil to get more information. He shows up and gives strong praise in Spider-Man having seen him fight against The Ringmaster (in issue 16). After his endorsement, the Avengers unanimously vote to test Spider-Man, and if he passes, to accept him. Each Avenger takes off to find Spider-Man. Thor is the first to find him, and gives him 24 hours to show to the Avengers headquarters. Pete wrestles with the idea of being on a team in the public eye versus being self-employed and calling the shots himself. Finally, he decides to take a chance and meet the Avengers. As he arrives, the Avengers are bogged down as to what test they should give Spider-Man. Iron Man tells him to get out of the way as they figure out what they want to do. Spider-Man takes great offense and figures that riling him up is the test so Spider-Man begins to fight the Avengers. Instead, they decide to have Spider-Man bring Hulk to them but Spider-Man leaves before they can explain why. As he stops at The Daily Bugle for refreshment, Frederick Foswell tells J. Jonah Jameson that the Hulk has been spotted at a gamma ray research center. While fighting the Hulk, he punches and a gamma ray explodes temporarily turning him back into Bruce Banner. Spider-Man tries to explain his purpose there, but ends up wondering why the Avengers want a sick man, not an evil villain. He lets Hulk go and tells the Avengers he couldn’t be found. The Avengers didn’t tell Spider-Man that they wanted to help him, but Spider-Man feared he would lead Hulk to his doom. Pete, conflicted by the result, tries to tell himself it’s for the best.
Appearing in "Turning Point"EditFeatured Characters:
Synopsis for "Turning Point"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in Amazing Spider-Man #11.--
Appearing in "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"EditFeatured Characters:
Synopsis for "Unmasked by Dr. Octopus"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in Amazing Spider-Man #12.--
- In ...To Become An Avenger! layouts by Romita, finishes by Heck.
- Also features reprints of Amazing Spider-Man #11 and Amazing Spider-Man #12
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #16, Daredevil #16, Daredevil #17, and Amazing Spider-Man #10 (incorrect, the real reference is Amazing Spider-Man #14}
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man Annual series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 3
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|