Appearing in "Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan?"Edit
- Crusher Hogan (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Bobby Chance (Only Appearance)
- Mrs Muggins
- Roderick Kingsley (Appears in shadow only)
- Slattery (Only Appearance)
Synopsis for "Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan?"Edit
Crusher Hogan, now a janitor in a Manhattan gym, tells up-and-coming boxer Bobby Chance that he designed Spider-Man's web-shooters and costume. Club manager Manslaughter Marsdale pressures Bobby to renew his contract. Club owner Madam Fang orders Manslaughter to cripple Bobby. Crusher overhears. He wishes Spider-Man was really his pal so that he could help. At home, Pete wonders what to do with the solid gold notebook, convincing Mary Jane that it isn't real. At May's place, Nathan gets a threatening phone call from the boss of the man who spotted him on the street. Mary Jane tells Peter she is working for Roderick Kingsley. A worried Aunt May asks Peter to look after Nathan. Manslaughter and his thugs confront Bobby. Crusher tries to fight them with his broom. As Spider-Man follows Nathan's cab past the gym, he hears gunshots, and jumps in. Meanwhile, Nathan meets the gambler to whom he still owes money and is beaten up. Spider-Man defeats Manslaughter, then confirms Hogan's version of their history, making believers of the boxers. May tells Peter that Nathan is in the hospital. She wonders why he didn't keep an eye on him as promised.
- Cover art by Frenz (pencils) and Romita (inks).
- He was Spider-Man's first "enemy," now, years later, the story can finally be told — "Whatever Happened to Crusher Hogan?"
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 271 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 271
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17560&ArtistId=1014
|Like this? Let us know!|