Appearing in "Spidey Strikes Back!"Edit
- Seymour O'Reilly
- Sally Avril
- Human Torch
- Ned Leeds
- MacDonald 'Mac' Gargan (First appearance)
- Mr. Wormly(First appearance)
- Louie the informant(First appearance)
- Peter Parker's High School Classmates
- New York policemen
- Mike(First appearance)
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Spidey Strikes Back!"Edit
The Daily Bugle continues its editorials on Spider-Man being washed up, but Spider-Man comes out of nowhere and rounds up bank robbers. As J Jonah Jameson learns the news, he takes his frustration outside where Human Torch is distracted and gets tied up by the Enforcers and smothered out by the Sandman. As Peter goes home from another day at school, he sees Fancy Dan walking down the street. Suspecting something sinister might be afoot, Spider-Man follows him and fights them at their hideout, but as the police show up, The Enforcers flee. Peter then turns up at the Daily Bugle and Betty Brant introduces him to another reporter, Ned Leeds and gives his approval of her seeing him much to her surprise. Meanwhile, at another hideout, we see Human Torch trapped in a glass jar with just enough air to breathe but not enough air to turn his flame on and escape. Sandman plans to use Human Torch as bait to lure Spider-Man in his trap and Spider-Man learns this from a stool pigeon named Louie. As Spider-Man descends he sees The Human Torch and plays ball with Sandman and the Enforcers and finally rolls into the glass jar to set Human Torch free. The Enforcers are rounded up, but Human Torch and Spider-Man get tangled in Spidey's webbing as Sandman runs away but gets caught shortly after by two policemen. The issue ends with a mysterious figure who's following Peter Parker home from school and reporting to the surveillance a mysterious figure in a green robe whose face cannot be seen.
- Rock Gimpy may or may not be the same Gimpy that appears in Amazing Spider-Man #65.
- This issue is reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man # 3 (Pocket Books).
- Written by: Spidey's godfather, Stan Lee
- Illustrated by: Spidey's big daddy, Steve Ditko
- Lettered by: S. Rosen (Spidey's second cousin on his uncle's side!)
- references: Strange Tales #127 and Amazing Spider-Man #18
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 19 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man series
- Images from Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 19
- Spider-Man last appeared in Untold Tales of Spider-Man #22; He appears next in Amazing Spider-Man #20.
- The Sandman last appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #18; He appears next in as a member of the Frightful Four in Fantastic Four #36.
- The Ox last appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #14; He appears next in Daredevil #6 as a member of the Fellowship of Fear.
- Montana and Fancy Dan last appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #14; Both appear next in Marvel Team-Up #39.
- MacDonald "Mac" Gargan becomes the Scorpion in Amazing Spider-Man #20 (Next Issue).
- The Human Torch last appeared in Strange Tales #127; He appears next in Fantastic Four Annual #2.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|